Job Location: Manila, Philippines
Reporting to: Project Manager
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream seeks to appoint a Development Executive in the Philippines to support its project delivery objectives in the country as these are brought to ready to build status and financial close. This person will work closely with international team resources and contribute to the expansion of the company’s global renewable energy footprint in one of the group’s key markets in APAC. The Project Development Executive may be called to contribute to other projects once they become included in the project pipeline.
Mainstream’s country office is located in Manila, but the location of this role can be flexible for the right candidate.
What You Will Do:
- Support in the delivery for Mainstream’s project/s in the Philippines until construction phase in line with Mainstream’s Global Development Standard.
- Support in the progression and consenting of the project which includes the following:
- The successful delivery of options and land rights for solar and wind projects
- The selection of the most suitable contractors/consultants
- The supervision of such personnel throughout the environmental and planning process
- Interaction with the key people responsible for permitting and compliance, locally and nationally
- Interaction with the relevant technical and commercial teams in Mainstream
- The production of reports and other duties as required by regulatory agencies
- Preparation of reports and keeping management informed of project progress and market insights, on a regular basis.
- Support in the preparation of the project budget and rationalisation of spend to management.
- Support in assessing potential risks and technical challenges and assist in developing appropriate mitigation plans.
- Understand, promote and adhere to all relevant health and safety regulations and policies in undertaking all activities and ensure safe design of projects
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams to support a project’s development and/or investment process.
- Interacting with government agencies, politicians, civil servants, LGU’s etc. as required.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key energy personalities in government agencies, energy stakeholders, service providers, advisers and other related institutions.
- Representing Mainstream confidently and knowledgeably to the project stakeholders and to the public.
What We Require:
- A degree in business or engineering from an accredited university/college with a minimum of 3 years work experience in project management
- Experience in the Philippine energy industry is an advantage
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of project management and a highly organized approach to work.
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. Can demonstrate a high level of self-motivation.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills is a key requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable writing reports and presenting their ideas clearly and concisely.
- Candidates should be capable of responding to requests from internal and external resources with ease, setting priorities and recording actions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (word, excel, PowerPoint, MS Project etc.) is essential.
- Ability to use specialist software packages e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, SharePoint is an advantage
- Ability to travel in-country and work a flexible day if required.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!