Mainstream are currently recruiting for a Procurement Technologist to join our Procurement team.
As Procurement Technologist, you will ensure that Mainstream’s Procurement team remain ahead of the curve on renewable energy technological developments. You will work closely with and support the Procurement Strategy Manager.
While this position will be based in Dublin there will be some international travel.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Track renewable energy technology trends and develop roadmap of next generation technologies using input from strategic partners. Communicate these effectively to senior management and board to inform decision-making processes.
- Assist in development of the Procurement Strategy to create value for Mainstreams’ renewable energy asset pipeline.
- Critically evaluate and compare product offerings from Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to provide technical guidance as required in reviewing tender packages and evaluating submissions.
- Identify, prequalify and develop relationships with key suppliers with key suppliers in next-generation technology development.
- Participate in project optimisation exercises by ensuring best-in-class technology has been evaluated with appropriate benefits and risks identified.
- Coordinate with Engineering and regional teams to ensure Employer’s Requirements are updated as required to incorporate new technologies and processes.
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties in relation to procurement activities – banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies, system operators etc.
- Participate in company knowledge-sharing groups to leverage expertise globally.
- Interact with the relevant in-house teams – SHEQ, Development, Commercial, Energy Analysis, Engineering, Construction Management, Operations and Finance.
- Implement and suggest improvements to Mainstream’s Global Development Standard to ensure our projects remain best-in-class from a health and safety perspective, as well as technically and commercially.
- Manage revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specification, standard, etc.)
- Attend industry events to keep abreast of developments in renewable energy technologies
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. A further technical qualification would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience and a deep knowledge of renewable energy power generation and/or electrical engineering. Experience specific to technological development or technical sales would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with an ability to communicate technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable with a level of autonomy and demonstrate a passion for learning about technology developments within the renewable energy sector.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Proactive in managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.