The Procurement Executive will be responsible for building and maintaining a network of key equipment suppliers and contractors (solar, storage, BOP, wind TSA, EPC, new technologies etc.) in order to build the best procurement strategies in order to meet the demands of the local industry, especially local content, job creation and black ownership. The Procurement Executive will be responsible for tender processes, contracting, bid support etc.
In addition, this function will support our Development, Construction, Operation and Community Development departments with key contracts (TSA, BOP, service agreements etc) throughout the lifecycle of the projects and will support central procurement activities and knowledge-sharing across the group.
This role will also be the liaison between Mainstream’s Global procurement team, based in Dublin, global centres of excellence in other parts of the world and the local office, which will include best practice and lessons learned between different markets.
The key responsibilities of the role comprise the following:
- Support the Procurement Manager with contracting strategies for projects.
- Preparation of Solar, Turbine & BOP Request for Proposals to facilitate LCOE and other bid proposals.
- Contractor pre-qualification, tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Coordination and preparation of the Employer’s Requirements and construction schedules for each pre-construction/construction project ensuring scope, codes and standards, local requirements, etc. are captured for each project.
- Contract preparation and negotiation.
- Provision of procurement support during the due diligence, bidding and financial close process.
- Provision of procurement support during the construction phase.
- Provision of procurement support during the operations phase.
- Cost estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control for input in budgets and management reports.
- Liaising and cooperating with external parties in relation to procurement activities including banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies, system operators etc.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Management of revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specification, standard, etc.) and integrating lessons learned into Employer’s Requirements.
- Assist with development of procurement cost database.
- Innovation of procurement techniques to enable more competitive costings.
- Technology tracking.
- Assisting the Procurement Manager with updating and maintenance of procurement operating procedures.
What we require?
• Degree in Procurement, Engineering, Energy, Business or Environment.
• Extensive experience and proven track record in large construction contract procurement and renewables technologies, preference for REIPPP bidding experience.
• Experience in wind/solar farm engineering and design of wind/solar projects.
• Strong contract management ability and understanding of contracting methodologies.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
• Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
• Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as MS Word, Excel, Project and SharePoint.
• Fluency in English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.