Port & Water Infrastructure Development Manager, Hydrogen Projects
- Reporting to: Hydrogen Business Development Manager.
- Department: Technical Services, O&M and Hydrogen Business Unit.
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile.
- Travel Required: Frequently.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, Colombia, APAC, South Africa, and Ireland. Our core business is to develop, build, and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally. During the last couple of years, Mainstream Renewable Power has embarked on the development of Green hydrogen generation megaprojects as part of the new company strategy to complement its renewable energy knowledge with the growing market of green fuels that will sustain the future green economy.
Summary of the Role:
The development of these new projects requires the conformation of a multidisciplinary team with experience in different fields that extend beyond renewable energy, an area where Mainstream has great expertise. For this, the company is looking for professionals of excellence who can contribute with their knowledge to the creation of projects at the forefront of sustainable development and that will lead the country and the planet to build a green economy and future for the next generations.
As Port and Water Infrastructure Development Manager, you will be responsible for the optimized development of infrastructure related to the desalination plant that will supply the hydrogen and ammonia plants. You will be in charge of the correct development of the complete infrastructure for transporting water from the desalination plant to electrolyzation plant at the generation sites. In addition, you will be responsible for the development of the port that will allow the export of green ammonia and/or hydrogen.
What will you do?
- Managing the project during its development stage until the financial close process.
- Coordinate the engineering and full project development with head offices in Dublin and Oslo.
- Preparing the engineering package with the engineering team.
- Dealing, negotiating, and quoting all key components of the project with Vendors and manufacturers.
- Controlling the project budget and schedule.
- Lead the relationship with landowners, communities, and stakeholders until Financial Close.
- Prepare and obtain the maritime concession.
- Preparing the procurement package with the procurement team to tender for the construction contracts.
- Closing out any development issues to the point where the project can pass financial close test.
- Review and search new opportunities for port locations, verify existing ports that could be used for our projects, and search for synergies with other companies located in the region.
For the above you will need to:
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams.
- Coordinate with the team that will be handling the other components of the projects (Hydrogen Dev. Manager and Energy Supply Dev. Manager), engineering team, environmental team, etc., for the optimized development of the projects.
- Engaging and managing technical and engineering consultants.
- Define and coordinate the preliminary engineering, environmental licenses, and grid connection processes during development and preconstruction phase.
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, authorities, etc.
- Have significant autonomy in work, but with a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s procedures and processes (based on PMI® PMBOK®).
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – Solar & Wind analysis, GIS, engineering, Grid connection, environmental, permits, construction, procurement and commercial.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on global sharing of expertise.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!