Key responsibilities of the role:
- Ensuring that the Wind Turbine and Balance of Plant Maintenance Contractors are working effectively with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Ensuring that the cause of turbine failures is understood (including and trends or serial defects that may be developing). Liaising with the OEMs and other parties to ensure that response times are appropriate and works undertaken are carried out both safely and effectively.
- Ensuring that all appropriate records of operations and maintenance activities on site are complete and easily accessible as required.
- Ensure that any potential asset optimisation measures are accurately prepared and presented to the customer.
- Liaison with & reporting to General Manager.
- Primary responsibility for site Health and Safety.
- Managing the processes by which site data is handled and analysed and ensuring that all proactive monitoring is carried out effectively with appropriate alarms and failures being directed via the appropriate channels.
- Daily, weekly and Monthly Reporting & Monitoring.
- Performance, Downtime and Availability Analysis.
- Reviewing, approving and distributing monthly reports.
- Following up significant performance issues either internally or with appropriate 3rd parties.
- Reviewing all current service/maintenance records and any issues identified.
- Reviewing monthly & annual availability performance and agreeing any subsequent claims for presentation to the customer.
- Co-ordination with the Construction Project Manager and EPC Contractors during handover from construction to operations.
- Working alongside the Economic Development Manager.
- Maintaining calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
Requirements and characteristics:
The Plant Manager must have appropriate engineering skills, knowledge and experience. A good standard of technical education is required with Renewable Energy Plant experience being an advantage. (Degree preferable but relevant industrial experience will also be considered).
The position demands a highly organised approach and the ability to lead a small but closely-knit team. The Plant Manager is likely to have a number of Technicians as direct reports so must have appropriate management experience in the sector.
- Minimum 10 years relevant applicable experience in Operations and Maintenance management of a utility scale power plant or similar.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred but experience will be considered.
- Staff and Contractor / Contract / Financial management experience.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills, as well as good interpersonal relationships.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Good command of English and Afrikaans preferable.
- Drivers licence.
- GCC certificate an advantage.
This position will be based at the Nouport Wind Farm, just outside Noupoort in the Northern Cape. The successful incumbent will be required to live close to the wind farm (Noupoort or Middelburg)