- Reporting to CFO Latam
- Department Finance
- Job Location Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required If required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has been awarded in the 2016 with 7 tenders, 20 years PPA’s with several distributions’ companies up to 3,3 TW/Year. The USD 2 billion assets platform is under construction, operational phase will be begging gradually but form January 2021. Also, company has a strong business platform under development in LATAM. With multi-company structure, holdco waterfall in Ireland, Spain, Chile, Colombia among others, the position will be responsible for all financial planning and controlling, operational & energy forecast, project controlling and reporting, plus operational controlling. This position will supervise all financial intelligence reporting to management, will support all areas with proper business performance control (Construction, Operation, Development), The successful candidate will join the Finance team and will report to CFO Latam.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally, with the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
- Managing all corporate financial planning and controlling process, including budget process for LATAM platform, plus all project (construction) controlling and operational (O&M) controlling.
- Provides relevant and timely reports (including costs to complete each phase of each project) and supporting information to the asset manager, cost control team and project managers for the financial management of the development, construction, and operations processes.
- Responsible for all corporate reporting regarding FP&A functions, with project cost latest estimate, budget control, operational P&L, monthly reporting for group (construction, cash, P&L)
- Drive the internal discussion with LATAM senior management regarding spending, cost control, budget control, challenging the spend as appropriate.
- Provide with all financial intelligence to senior management in LATAM and Group, on the financial situation of all relevant projects & operational segments for LATAM platform,
- Supervise FP&A Manager in the preparation of weekly and monthly cash forecast template and weekly cash summary report for the Group Finance team and the CFO.
- Support the preparation of Board documentation, monthly and quarterly basis, with analysis and comments, plus key figures
- Assisting in the preparation of Risk and Investment Committee papers to document and obtain approval for material project spends or risks assumed.
- Taking an active role in reviewing and improving controls for the LATAM platform business.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Professional qualification required, degree in Business administration, civil engineering, or accountancy with 10 + years of total experience in finance, controlling or project controlling
- Experience in the Energy industry will be valuable,
- Experience with international / multinational companies, with prove track record on reporting to corporate office / headquarters
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines.
- Capabilities to lead a team of seniors and/or junior controllers, managers, strength the core planning and controlling team if needed
- As well as having the financial core experience, the candidate must also be strong in commercial and project development matters
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent Excel skills plus ERP management (SAP, Dynamics, others)
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of projects.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail. Keen attention to detail is required with the ability to work without constant supervision
- Flexibility to travel
- Fluent in Spanish and English will be desirable.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.