- Reporting to: Deputy Environmental Manager Development and Permits, Chile
- Department: Environmental
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Sometimes National Travel
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
Lead permit processing in order to obtain the Authority approvals of projects to reach the financial close and start projects construction, considering optimization processes.
This role will work closely with different areas within the company, such as Legal, Engineering, Finance and Development.
The position may require travel to other regions of the country or locations of interest to Mainstream
What will you do?
- Manage the identification, preparation and processing of project sectoral permits.
- Identify all the applicable permits for the Mainstream Projects (planning) from early project phases.
- Prepare a specific permit master plan for each project to ensure a correct follow up of all the process.
- Lead permit bidding process for selection of consultants in charge of develop, submit and permits processing.
- Coordinate and manage the consultant activities to obtain approvals of project permits.
- Review of all the documents, which are part of the folder to be submitted to authorities.
- Follow-up the processing of permits with different authorities.
- Ensure the update of permits, which can expire.
- Support and align the environmental sectorial permits (PAS), which are part of the environmental assessment of projects.
- Monitor costs and payment statements of consultants
For the above you will need to:
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure the granting of permits in time and quality.
- Be involve in the environmental evaluation process, to ensure a correct identification of the permits to be required.
- Work closely with the different authorities, to ensure adequate review times according to projects’ needs.
- Communicate in a timely manner permit risks of projects.
- Count with initiative to propose work methodologies and solution to problems.
What we require?
Educational background in Engineering, Environmental, Natural Resources, Renewable Energy or Related Disciplines.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in permits processing.
- Experience in renewable energy projects is an advantage.
- Experience in environmental assessment (SEIA).
- Experience in application of integrated management systems.
Knowledge of project construction process.
- People management skills to assemble multidisciplinary teams, including developers, engineers, lawyers, advisors, authorities, among others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for internal communication with management and external parties for liaison with stakeholders, technical advisors and authorities.
- The ability to work unsupervised is a must, but must be able to integrate into diversified cross-functional teams as needed
- Fluency in English and Spanish is a prerequisite
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."