Job Location: Manila, Philippines
Reporting to: Legal Associate
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream seeks to appoint a Paralegal in the Philippines to assist the legal department in corporate secretarial, legal and compliance matters. This person will contribute to the expansion of the company’s global renewable energy footprint by ensuring compliance to any and all regulatory requirements in the Philippines.
Mainstream’s country office is located in Manila, but the location of this role can be flexible for the right candidate.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the due diligence process for Third-party service and goods providers, and Projects.
- Assist Legal Department for reportorial filings with relevant government agencies in the Philippines.
- Assist Philippines Office on notarial needs.
- Communicating the rationale for the corporate, legal or regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist Corporate Secretary with any and all Board of Directors Meetings requirements.
- Assist Corporate Secretary with the maintenance of PH entities corporate records.
- Prepare drafts of all reportorial requirements for Corporate Secretary’s review.
- Assist the Corporate Secretary with the drafting of Minutes of the Meetings, Secretary’s Certificate and other documents as might be required by the Board.
- Providing updates on recently passed laws, regulations, resolutions and decisions of the Supreme Court of the Philippines, Securities and Exchange Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Relevant Local Government Units, Department of Energy, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and Department of Agriculture.
- Representing Mainstream confidently and knowledgeably in public.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders for the Legal Department.
- Process Invoices for the Legal Department.
What We Require:
- A degree in Legal Management from an accredited university/college is preferred but not required.
- Ideal candidate would have completed credits in Revised Corporation Law of the Philippines in Law School.
- A keen understanding of Corporate Law and Corporate Secretarial work.
- Demonstrate experience in Corporate Secretarial tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable writing reports and presenting to management at all levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (word, excel, PowerPoint etc.) is essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills is a key requirement.
- Ability to work a flexible day, if required.
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. Can demonstrate a high level of self-motivation.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!