- Reporting to: O&M Manager
- Department: O&M. Technical Services
- Job Location: Santiago office – Chile
- Travel Required: Only if required.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies.
Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for an Operations Manager to oversee its operating assets in Chile. The role will be responsible of all the activities related to the day-to-day operations in those assets that has been delivered to operations.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]
- Manage the plant management team.
- Prepare the annual revenues budget to be proposed as part of the Business Plan of each project.
- In collaboration with Maintenance Manager, prepare Business Plan for each operating project or those which are going to start operations during the next year.
- Manage the relation with the Control Centres that provide services to each project.
- Review daily reports from Control Center, BoP O&M Service Provider, Plant O&M Service Provider, rising any urgent issues.
- Review and issue weekly, monthly, and annual reports, summarizing main issues related to operating aspects of the projects.
- Manage through the Plant Manager’s team the relation with local authorities and communities.
- Manage the compliance with the environmental commitments related to each operating projects.
- Be responsible for the deployment and compliance of all the applicable Health and Safety requirements related to operating assets.
- Be responsible for the O&M budget in those items related to operations.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Electrical Engineer with over 10 years of experience in Operations/Maintenance of power plants, preferable on Renewable energy.
- Deep understanding of wind and solar power plants is required
- Understanding of operations relationship in a day-to-day basis with Coordinador Electrico Nacional, Control Centers and other parties.
- Demonstrable experience with landowner, communities and local communities’ relationships
- Excellent IT skills, including experience with MS Office and Sharepoint
- Attention to detail and a broader strategic view essential.
- An efficient and organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Proven capability to meet deadlines and deliver to timelines.
- Management abilities.
- English language is an advantage.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.