Mainstream is currently recruiting a Quality Manager to support the offshore team’s drive to secure and deliver significant projects, both in the UK and Worldwide. This is a great opportunity for an enthuasictic Quality Manager to join our fast paced offshore team.
The Offshore Quality Manger will entail leading the management of project quality arrangements across all aspects of the project/bid lifecycle covering both internal and external activities, including the assignment of Project quality personnel as and when required. The Candidate will be responsible for ensuring that project ‘governance’ activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to ensure compliance and consistency across the offshore project and bid portfolio.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Developing and managing project quality arrangements for Offshore business and ensuring consistency with group quality standards
- Proactively supporting and advising on all aspects of quality management on projects, including risks and issues.
- Building and leading a team and effective management and utilisation of assigned project quality personnel.
- Manage and deliver risk based quality resource support system to ensure quality objective and are meet
- Ensuring quality requirements are defined and implemented as part of the project induction and training process.
- Working with Procurement & Commerical teams to ensure effective definition and communication of Quality requirements with Partners and Contractors / Suppliers;
- Developing and implementing appropriate auditing and quality assurance arrangements within individual projects, both internally and externally (e.g. Contractors and Suppliers).
- Define quality non conformity systems and ensuring any project quality non-conformances / issues are managed and closed out.
- Ensuring Supplier quality arrangements are reviewed and approved / acceptance in accordance with project requirements, including Customer approvals.
- Support Project/Bid teams in providing man hour/cost estimates as part of the quality input to project / bids;
- Monitor progress against the project quality arrangements, identifying areas of concern to the project /business and where necessary escalate to Line Management and leadership/project teams.
- Review of enquiry, tender and contract documentation with respect to partners/suppliers ’ quality requirements and contract specifications, identifying any project specific requirements which fall outside the company quality system.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience as a Quaility Manager, ideally in Offshore Wind or Energy sector
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and the application of ISO9001
- Ideally be qualified to a Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g. engineering.
- Trained and experienced in Auditing
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- IT literate with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, ie Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint etc.
- Strong verbal / written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and telephone manner with the ability communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders both internally & externally.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be a geniune teamplayer, have a positive outlook , be determined and flexible.
- A proactive and highly motivated, positive and enthaustic person with a can do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, self starter with proven track record of delivery.
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, some occasional travel may be required as part of the role.
- Willing to undertake occasional travel in the UK, Europe
What’s on Offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6 month probation period.