Mainstream Renewable Power is a world leading developer of renewable energy projects focusing on onshore and offshore wind and onshore PV schemes. Mainstream develops renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety and quality standards.
Mainstream is currently recruiting for an Offshore Markets Manager to identify growing offshore wind markets and to secure significant projects in these markets. Primary responsibilities will include working with the offshore team and regional General Managers to identify new offshore market opportunities and to progress offshore greenfield and acquisition opportunities within these markets and to support new bidding processes in existing offshore markets. Key responsibilities will also include identifying liaising with and securing suitable local partners in new markets.
Reporting to: Head of Offshore
Job Location: Edinburgh, with potential for short term secondments
Travel: Global travel required
Key responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Working closely with the Regional GMS’s, contribute to, develop and manage the offshore market strategy and business plan.
- Work with the Head of offshore to develop budgets/ timelines to support the offshore business plan and prepare background papers/ reports to secure all necessary approvals
- Co-ordinate across offshore markets, deputising for the Head of Offshore as required.
- Working with regional and Dublin based teams, to identifying new markets that show high growth potential for offshore wind.
- Leading the New Markets Team to research new markets, identifying the need for third party input to site selection/ market entry papers and obtaining suitable information.
- Assessing ad-hoc greenfield and acquisition opportunities within new markets to the Head of Offshore.
- Agreeing market entry recommendations to the Head of Offshore o
- Evaluate the need for a partnership in new markets and if required, identify suitable partner candidates.
- Initiate introductions with potential suitable partners and hold initial discussions to assess whether a partnership would be feasible for both parties.
- Lead project due diligence in new markets and the preparation of necessary board papers for the internal approval process.
- Prepare and manage the budget for offshore new markets activities.
- Lead the New Markets Team in the preparation and submission of tenders, bids, industry responses etc.
- Act as Bid manager for major bids as required
- Liaise closely with Mainstream’s commercial, engineering, procurement and EAG teams to produce financial analysis as required
- Set up offices in approved new markets (recruit local personnel, identify office location etc.).
- Attend industry events to build Mainstream’s presence in new markets.
- Manage the offshore New Markets Team.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Highly organised, commercially astute with an ability to build relationships across the company and with external partners,
- Relishes challenge, and takes a positive, hands on, “can do” approach to all tasks
- Experience in site selection, reporting, budgeting and approval processes
- Willingness to travel to new markets
- Experience in contributing to and managing bids
- Experience in wind energy – offshore preferred but not essential
- Degree qualified, second degree preferred.