Mainstream is currently recruiting an Offshore Engineer to support the offshore team’s drive to secure and deliver significant projects, both in the UK and Worldwide. Primary responsibilities will include providing technical input to site selection, production of project specifications , managing consultants and contractors and providing input to contract documents for projects in all Mainstream’s juristictions.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Providing engineering support to offshore wind site selection and participation in technical meetings.
- Conceptual design of offshore wind parks and transmission assets.
- Procurement of front-end civil engineering (e.g. geotechnical investigations, metocean studies, foundation designs, cable routing).
- Translating engineering issues in CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies as required.
- Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on Mainstream projects.
- Input into technical elements of Employer’s Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Detailed due diligence review of projects in accordance with Mainstream’s Global Development Standard.
- Inspect new project sites and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Ensuring engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 3-5 years of offshore renewables or offshore energy projects.
- Experience in offshore wind site selection and offshore installation.
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures.
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Knowledge of the Offshore windfarm development and foundation design process.
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections.
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore.
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation.
- IT literate.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be a geniune teamplayer, have a positive outlook , be determined and flexible.
- Have a primary degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering.
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, self starter with proven track record of delivery.
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, international travel may be required as part of the role.
What We Offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6 month probation period.