New Markets Developer
- Reporting to: Senior Executive, New Markets Strategy, Offshore North America.
- Department: Offshore.
- Job Location: North America - Remote.
- Travel Required: Travelling frequency is dependent on project requirements.
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organization that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognized global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognized as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
The New Markets Developer will support the Senior Executive for New Markets Strategy and the North American Offshore team to execute Mainstream’s market entry into new jurisdictions.
What you will do?
- Lead market research and business intelligence efforts in North America.
- Develop and maintain centralized tracking tools to monitor and report on market changes and business development opportunities.
- Identify public funding opportunities for project deployment and technology innovation and coordinate across multiple internal departments to complete funding applications.
- Conduct market intelligence and prospecting activities through engagement in industry events, working groups, and trade associations.
- Assist the Offshore team during the early development phases through appointment and management of consultants, invoicing and preparation of development budgets.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of project tenders and related project due diligence.
- Support the preparation of investment papers for Senior Management, Risk & Investment Committee and/or Board.
What we require?
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in the North American wind industry, offshore wind specific experience a plus
- Familiarity with federal and state agencies and regulatory processes relevant to offshore wind and transmission projects
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- An organised approach to working, task prioritization and time management
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- A self-starter with a "can-do" attitude with the initiative to propose work methodologies and solutions to problems
- Keen understanding of market and business fundamentals
- Ability to use Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is essential
We are seeking a dynamic candidate with a broad range of skills and eagerness to grow with a rapidly-growing business. This role is a good match for candidates with a business development, market research, project development, public and/or regulatory affairs, or energy analyst background.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus up to 20%
- Annual Share options 20%
- 401k up to 6% Employer Contribution Matched
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, color, or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Health insurance paid for you and your dependents
- Life and disability cover
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energize your career!