Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power (Mainstream) is currently recruiting for a Meteorological Station Manager to support Mainstream’s solar and wind energy development in APAC. The successful candidate will be based in our Manila office and will be part of the global Energy Analysis Group (EAG). This position requires a highly organized candidate with excellent communication and contractor management skills. This position is for one year, with the possibility of extension or conversion to a permanent position.
What will you do:
• Prequalification and selection of meteorological station contractors.
• Management of installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological masts, remote sensing units, and solar measurement stations.
• Management of timelines for installation and maintenance of measurement stations to adhere to project schedules as defined by EAG analysts and agreed with project managers.
• Establish relationships with measurement station contractors to ensure that Mainstream receives optimal service from contractors, as well as from equipment and data suppliers.
• Management of Health and Safety for these activities in conjunction with Mainstream’s H&S department to ensure contractors comply with relevant safety requirements. Continuously improve Mainstream health, safety and environmental performance.
• Coordination with EAG contractors to ensure that required documentation is in place before work starts to ensure that work is done safely, efficiently, on-time, and in compliance with local law.
• Interaction with Mainstream’s internal departments including H&S, engineering, legal and development.
• Maintain up to date documentation on all meteorological equipment. Review and approve contracts, H&S documentation, commissioning and maintenance reports for measurement stations ensuring compliance with Mainstream technical and SHEQ standards.
• Integration of measured meteorological data into Mainstream’s internal database and configuration of the stations.
• Oversee the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage and minimum uncertainty. Ensure measurement equipment is kept in good working condition.
• Generate purchase orders for meteorological station installation and maintenance activities. Review payment requests and interface with Mainstream Accounts Team to oversee payments.
• Identify and implement improvements to Mainstream’s procedures and templates to support alignment with industry best practice and continuous improvement of the Energy Analysis function.
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
What we require?
This role requires 8+ years of experience related to contractor/contracts management, document control, experience working in manufacturing or construction.
• Experience in Construction Management of Meteorological Stations in Philippines, Vietnam or Australia a distinct advantage.
• Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
• Meteorology and/or measurements experience a distinct advantage.
• Qualifications from the Philippine Department of Labour and Employment regarding Occupational Health and Safety Standards will be a distinct advantage.
• Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to develop professional relationships with suppliers.
• Experience in MS Office.
• Programming with Python or use of REACT and Windographer will be advantageous.
• Excellent verbal and written English. Other languages in Mainstream APAC markets is an advantage.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, to sites which are generally in remote areas.
• Full clean driving licence