- Reporting to Head of M&A and Investments
- Department M&A and Investments
- Job Location Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required International travel is required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
The Market Research Associate will oversee reviewing and analysing market trends and main drivers in the renewable energy industry to be able to understand different business models in different regions, trends, regulations, and others to be able to identify business opportunities in the region, potential improvements in Mainstream business model and understand what’s doing Mainstream competitors. This role will work closely with the Head of M&A & Investments and other teams in the company. Additionally, the role will require significant knowledge in the renewable energy sector with strong knowledge in market regulations, energy prices, tender structures, Capex and Opex, others. The role will provide significant exposure to Mainstream Senior Management, different renewable energy players like market advisors, equipment providers, advisors, between others. The candidate must have strong commercial experience in the energy sector, self-motivated and keen to obtain valuable data. The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Support the Head of M&A & Investments to Identify market trends and opportunities.
- Support the M&A team to understand different regional markets risks and opportunities.
- Identify potential optimizations in the acquisition of companies and in Mainstream portfolio.
- Analyse regulations and tender process and understand competitors offers.
- Strong interaction with main players in different markets through the region. (Energy companies, advisors, associations, regulators, etc.)
- Prepare presentations and reports to the Head of M&A and Investments and to the Senior Management as require.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required.
- Clear market analysis and communication of results for internal and external parties.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Strong market knowledge and experience.
- Strong experience in the renewable energy sector
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
- Must be self-motivated, with and ambitious profile and creative if possible
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- Advance English and Spanish
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.