Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of onshore and offshore wind and solar assets across markets including Latin America, Africa and Asia, Europe and North America.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In South Africa, Mainstream has delivered 600MW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation and has recently concluded construction on a further 250MW of wind farms. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines. Mainstream is a pioneer in offshore wind, having developed nearly 25% of the UK’s currently operational or in construction offshore power plant, and is actively exploring markets across the globe.
In 2021 the company was 75% acquired by the Norwegian investment company Aker Horizons, and now sits in a portfolio of Aker companies involved in green hydrogen, CCUS and offshore wind. The company intends to list through an IPO within the next twelve months.
Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking to fill a new role in their corporate affairs team responsible for the management of the company's policy research and market intelligence which will involve direct research and liaising with our technology, finance and development teams as well as external actors including trade associations and other bodies. Location of the role is flexible for a suitable candidate
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- To manage our policy and market intelligence, to take responsibility for identifying and responding to government consultations and other similar exercises, and to assist in the production of White Papers and other positioning documents.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Provide internal forecasts of the likely effect of public policy changes, and in conjunction with other colleagues write or edit submissions to government or regulator consultations.
- Run on a day to day basis the Corporate Affairs team’s market research and intelligence function providing regular internal and external briefings on policy and technology development including providing analysis to support business decision making, inform Board papers, and provide drafts of speeches and conference interventions for colleagues.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent writing and speaking skills: You will be expected to write briefings and consultation responses, as well as give presentations internally and externally.
- Information gathering and interpreting: You will be able to take on board and understand reams of new information as you keep abreast of ever-changing political developments, and advise staff of the implications for Mainstream.
- Political knowledge: A good knowledge of climate and energy policy and a familiarity with the landscape and principal actors in the global energy, climate and sustainability landscape is useful but not essential.