Summary of Role:
This role is primarily focused on identifying new business opportunities for Mainstream in Japan, evaluating projects and investment proposals (i.e. partnerships, joint ventures, purchase of groups of assets) which have been presented to Mainstream and securing such opportunities.
What you will do?
- Lead the identification of Wind and Solar opportunities in Japan.
- Evaluate Renewable Energy projects and investments in order to determine whether it is appropriate for Mainstream to invest:
- Risk Assessment of Projects and Investments
- Confirmation of status of land (main site; grid line; access; mining rights)
- Energy Analysis (Wind and Solar Resource)
- Community and Stakeholder Relations
- Ability to Finance
- Grid Availability and Grid Connection Agreement terms and conditions
- Regulatory Support
- Planning, Permitting and Environmental Policy
- Constructability of assets
- Costs of entry/development
- Use business acumen and critical thinking to recommend action to management on whether to pursue, and how to pursue, these opportunities.
- Support coordinate the due diligence process to evaluate project and investment viability.
- Coordinate with relevant managers to organise all aspects of development for example:
- Work closely with the Head of Capital Markets, APAC Commercial Manager, centres of excellence and others in support of the investment process.
- Negotiate contracts and manage third parties for delivery of projects up to acquisition of the project.
- Close transactions
- Manage handover of acquired projects to the Development Team.
What we require?
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years work experience
- Enthusiastic Self-starter with the ability to make sound commercial decisions.
- Excellent Project Management skills and a highly organised approach to work.
- Experience of working on development, acquisition or sale of renewable power generation projects in Asia is considered an advantage.
- Decisive manager with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
- Capable of managing internal and external resources, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions
- Ability to use Microsoft software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and specialist software packages e.g. GIS, MS Project, SharePoint is essential
- Fluency in English and Japanese is essential
- A full driving license is considered essential
- The ability to travel to international destinations extensively is essential.