- Department: MAMSA
- Job Location: Cape Town
- Reporting to: General Manager MAMSA
- Travel Required: Regular national and international travel required
Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
Summary of Role :
You will work closely with the General Manager of MAMSA to structure and improve processes to align with the company’s growth projection. Maintaining and increasing service delivery across all functions of the business. You will be required to engage and provide input across all the departments to ensure Management Service Agreement (MSA) requirements are met.
What you will do :
- Day to day management of assets
- Develop a blue print for Centre of Excellence for Renewable Facility Asset Management
- Streamlining of MAMSA business processes across all functions
- Develop and implementation of processes to participate Carbon Emission Reduction Programmes
- Review of operational and economic development contracts
- Implement strategy to increase efficiency of functional teams within MAMSA
- Implement Quality control system to ensure MAMSA operate as per shareholder requirements under the MSA
- Legal & Compliance
- Technical Operations & Engineering
- SPV Board management
- Develop and implement quality standards for board and shareholder reports
- Provide standardised operational cost and strategy inputs to Mainstream’s commercial team for bidding of new PPA’s.
- Provide input to other areas of Mainstream’s Africa business as required.
What we require:
The ideal candidate will be skilled in business management, a strategic thinker, strong leadership skills and with a proven track record in building and leading complex businesses.
You will need to be experienced in:
- Knowledge and sufficient experience of the REIPPP process in South Africa and the development, construction, and operations of these projects.
- Proven track record to lead professionals.
- Demonstrating senior management and leadership skills with at least several years’ renewable energy experience.
- A relevant tertiary qualifications and proven track record and experience is required.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Salary contribution to your pension fund
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!