Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading global developer of renewable energy projects and has significant activities worldwide. Due to our expanding business, we are recruiting a Senior Financial Modeller for our M&A team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a new team and drive the company’s growth.
The M&A Senior Financial Modeller will be a key member of the Central M&A team. This role will manage the design, build and maintenance of highly complex financial models that will be used to prepare complete valuation analyses incorporating discounted cash flows, trading comparisons, transaction comparisons, alternative valuation methods, financial impacts, and scenario analysis.
This role will work with international external advisors to build Mainstream’s global footprint and bring opportunities from inception to deal close. It would suit an ambitious candidate who can demonstrate excellent foundations within M&A financial modelling and is keen to take their career to the next level. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinarian team and requires strong financial acumen.
This role will work with a junior financial modeler and must have strong people management skills.
The role will be based in Mainstream’s head office in Dublin; however, it will support the company’s global markets. This role requires international travel.
- Lead the design and build of complex financial models from scratch, in line with best modelling practice supporting the central M&A team.
- Be the ‘Champion’ financial modeler and the ‘go to person’ on the preparation and structuring of financial models at Mainstream
- Have the ability to utilize coding languages (such as VBA/Python) to build complex financial models.
- Maintain highly complex financial models for new opportunities, which, at a minimum, should be able to assess the following:
- Project/Equity valuation
- Project/equity returns.
- Discounted cash flows
- Build in multiple scenarios quickly.
- Impact of change in tax/legislation/funding mechanism.
- Ability to audit/sense check a financial model quickly and succinctly to ensure outputs are reasonable to make quick, correct commercial decisions
- Ability to challenge third party documentation/inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards is prepared and presented.
- Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse financial models and identify key value drivers to enhance bid optimization, support contractual negotiations and maximise value for shareholders.
- Develop portfolio models that simply and succinctly summarise the investment opportunity across a number of underlying projects / assets.
- The ability to simplify complex financial results utilizing data visual tools such as Power BI.
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax, and regulatory requirements of various global markets.
- Support the acquisition, investment, tender, bidding, and transaction close activities of multi-million-dollar projects globally.
- Contribute towards commercial negotiations and assumptions included within such models, highlighting potential efficiencies / risk areas on acquisitions, investments, disposals, and associated funding activities.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and opportunities as required, to assist in the preparation of the M&A growth strategy.
- Assist with the preparation of investment proposals, board updates and Risk and Investment papers along with any other documentation necessary for internal approvals.
- Work seamlessly with Mainstream’s Parent M&A team throughout any acquisition opportunity.
- Mentor and support the development of junior financial modellers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Relevant Financial qualification with at least 5 years’ experience of financial modelling.
- Renewable energy or wider energy industry experience is required, with an in-depth knowledge of structured finance.
- An established knowledge of the players in the energy market and a keen interest in keeping abreast of commercial updates in the global renewable market.
- Deep understanding of risk and value drivers in renewable projects and businesses.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised while integrating into diversified multi-functional teams as required.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of gathering and utilising competitor/industry market knowledge, market evaluation and entering new markets.
- Commercial awareness and ability to highlight potential efficiencies or areas of concern within models that require further analysis or support.
- Strong ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative information for decision making.
- Excellent understanding of financial statements.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrate experience in working to deadlines and juggling multiple opportunities at once.
- High personal standards regarding professional code of conduct and compliance.
- Willingness to international travel and work a flexible day.