Summary of Role :
Mainstream seeks to appoint a Legal Associate on a 6 months project contract to proactively manage all company secretarial work, compliance projects, project permitting documents and new company incorporations for Mainstream in the Philippines. This person would also advise on legal documents and the structure of the business. This person will contribute to the expansion of the company’s global renewable energy footprint. Mainstream’s country office is located in Manila, but the location of this role can be flexible for the right candidate.
What you will do?
- Preparing and/or reviewing all documents relating to the Corporate Secretarial function, which will include board meeting minutes, corporate secretary certificates, stock transfer forms etc.
- Manage compliance with the General Information Sheets and Business Permits for Mainstream’s three companies in the Philippines.
- Review and mark-up confidentiality agreements, as required.
- Manage the permitting process for development projects, alongside the development team, as/when required.
- Review contracts with third parties, and negotiate changes as required.
- Manage the set up and incorporation of new companies, as required.
- Assist in the review of insurance policies.
- Lead the due diligence process for project acquisitions as required.
- Lead in all aspects of compliance for Mainstream’s business in the Philippines.
- Collaborate with Mainstream’s other lawyers in APAC and throughout the Group.
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams to support a project’s development and/or investment process.
- Manage legal fees for Mainstream’s business in the Philippines.
- Write reports for management as required.
- Interacting with government agencies, politicians, civil servants, LGU’s etc. as required.
- Review rules/updates in the industry such as auctions, tenders and competitive selection process as they are developed by offtakers.
- Provide advice on legal or regulatory matters that may affect the group’s business interests in the market
- Playing a key role in the negotiation of offtake agreements, if required.
- Scan the market for key policy and regulatory changes that may affect existing or future company initiatives.
- Representing Mainstream confidently and knowledgeably in public.
What we require?
- A legal qualification in the Philippines; Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree, holds the required Legal Professional License (Passed Bar/Professional License Exam) and is a member of good standing with the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.
- At least two years post qualification experience.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in corporate law, the renewables, or energy industry.
- Demonstrate experience in project management.
- In depth knowledge of the energy sector and its key participants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable writing reports and presenting to management at all levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package (word, excel, PowerPoint etc.) is essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills is a key requirement.
- Ability to travel in-country and work a flexible day if required.
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. Can demonstrate a high level of self-motivation.
- Experience of contract negotiations and commercial acumen a distinct advantage.