SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is concerned with supporting the legal and compliance team in ensuring legal and governance compliance across the Mainstream group. This is a varied role offering exposure to all aspects of Mainstream’s business globally and also provides opportunity for involvement in the many interesting and exciting renewable energy transactions that are ongoing at any time. This role is suited to a motivated and dynamic individual who has a keen attention to detail and ability to prioritise and manage a large workload.
This role is with Mainstream’s legal and compliance team. The legal and compliance team is responsible for supporting Mainstream’s corporate and global development business activities in all applicable governance and legal areas, including corporate and commercial law, contract law, funding and banking issues, planning, environmental, property issues and litigation.
- Documentation and file management for the legal and compliance team, including developing and enhancing the current database systems in use.
- Assisting the legal and compliance team with due diligence procedures and responding to Know Your Client documentation requests.
- Assistance with routine company secretarial duties and annual filings as and when required.
- Assistance with incorporation of new companies and researching local governance requirements in new jurisdictions.
- Assistance with liquidations/dissolutions and intragroup company re-organisations.
- Co-ordination of documents requiring notarization, legalization and apostille and dealing with various consulates/embassies, the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and Dept of Foreign Affairs.
- Conducting research on legal and regulatory updates as well as more general legal research as and when required.
- Supporting key transactions such as the financial close of projects, new joint ventures and new market entry.
- Supporting with issuing of powers of attorney, share certificates and stock transfer forms.
- Dealing with confidential material in a professional and discretionary manner.
- Conducting preliminary reviews and mark-up of legal documents such as contracts, non-disclosure agreements, term sheets and consultancy agreements (under the supervision of the Head of Group Legal).
- Administration of Group Insurance policy renewals, in collaboration with the Mainstream Finance & SHEQ teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organizational, communication, written and interpersonal skills required
- Keen attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a corporate governance role required
- Proactive approach to work with an ability to anticipate business needs before they arise.
- Ability to prioritise and handle a large workload under time constraints
- Dynamic, motivated, self-starter
- Experience working with Share Point and Microsoft office
- Sound research skills.
- Interest in and understanding of the law is a key advantage.