Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading pure-play renewable energy company, with wind and solar assets across global markets, including in Latin America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy by delivering clean, affordable and reliable energy at scale. We are one of the most successful developers of gigawatt-scale renewables platforms, across onshore wind, offshore wind, and solar power generation with a global portfolio of 27 GW. In May 2021, Aker Horizons acquired a majority stake in Mainstream, and in April 2022, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. joined Aker Horizons as a long-term strategic investor. We currently employ over 600 people across 5 continents, and we are always looking for ambitious, driven, and talented people to join us on our mission to drive forward the energy transition.
As Head of L&D, your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following activities:
- Engaging stakeholders at all levels to identify L&D needs and priorities, lead in drawing up the appropriate intervention strategy, plan and activities to meet them together with platform HR partners.
- Lead in the design and development of L&D initiatives and solutions, which also include producing related contents and materials.
- Working with external partners, vendors and providers to develop broad-based and specialized L&D solutions.
- Conducting effective diagnosis on organization, teams and individuals, as well as evaluation on the effectiveness of the L&D solutions applied.
- Planning budget required to carry out L&D-related activities at all levels in the organization, and working within budget to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Explore need for a system to manage L&D at Mainstream and to ensure KPI’s are on track for all employees
- Tiered approach to Management Skills training: New managers, Seasoned Manager
- Lead on Succession planning and High potential process and development at Mainstream, ensuring regular reviews
- Educating management and staff on L&D intentions and plans, and engage them on a regular basis to obtain feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Facilitating some L&D activities and interventions, subject matter expertise and practice experience permitting.
- Supports and coaches line management on talent development matters and delivers a number of in-house training e.g. career planning sessions
- Work with relevant key stakeholders in the delivery of key projects and initiatives
- Responsible for managing the budget and expenses for the department
As Head of Learning & Development you will define and lead the L&D strategy for Mainstream globally. L&D has been identified as one of the very highest priorities for the Mainstream team in 2022, and we are looking for an exceptional individual who can have an immediate impact, deliver traction, and bring deep L&D expertise into the team. This is a permanent role reporting to the Head of HR, with high visibility and huge potential to drive significant change.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage and develop our L&D strategy & initiatives globally across all of our locations - including rollout of several new and highly impactful initiatives during 2023
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners, and Department Heads to design, develop and implement training and development opportunities for all levels of staff
- Understand and translate the business objectives, designing programmes and support to enhance the business’ capability
- Diagnose areas of optimisation, and demonstrate experience-driven problem-solving abilities, specifically via enhancing online training, leadership development, succession planning and personalised experiences for new starters & graduates
- Identify and lead the relationships with our external L&D providers, to help deliver our L&D Objectives
- Build cross-functional relationships with key internal stakeholders, and enforce accountability of key deliverables
- Manage the global L&D budget for all our learning activities, ensuring we are able to effectively evaluate and measure our return where appropriate
- You will be an experienced L&D Lead that can deliver results and change in a fast-paced
- environment and get things done in a way that inspires others
- At least 8 years of relevant L&D practice experience.
- You will be a natural collaborator who knows how to build true partnerships with your department heads and work alongside our HR Business Partners
- You will have connections with external training partners, as well as a solid understanding of L&D best practices
- You will have the ability to use data to support your strategic thinking across learning and our business areas
- You will have a passion for digital and understand how this can transform the design and development of learning initiatives on a global scale
- You’ll thrive on being outside of your comfort zone and not afraid to trial an idea and then improve on it
- Passion to help individuals, teams and organisations to be more effective through L&D.
- Established track record in leading individuals and teams to initiate and implement L&D initiatives and projects.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
While this position will be based in Dublin there will be some international travel.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution (non-contributory)
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!