- Reporting to Engineering & Construction Manager
- Department Engineering & Construction Site
- Job Location Santiago de Chile
- Travel Required Frequently travel to sites in Chile
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions.
Summary of Role:
The Inspection Project Manager is the professional who oversees the ITO’s team in each project. This position is usually accountable for 3 or more ITO teams simultaneously at different projects. While managing each ITO team he must look for providing high standards in reporting and control on, at least, the followings areas:
What you will do?
- Ensure the highest level of health and safety standard is maintained at each project.
- Coordinate with product line, engineering and supplier engineering to develop the inspection test plans to support the construction of wind and photovoltaic farm projects in accordance with the overall targets (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery) as defined for each Project and in line with the technical specification of the Contract.
- Responsible for delivering the technical content of contracts for the execution of Wind Turbine and Photovoltaic facilities erection.
- Define activities and responsibilities for site Technical Inspection personnel - share specialist knowledge and information, assist monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
- Work closely with other Mainstream teams to support development, construction, energy analysis, power purchase agreements etc.
- From time to time assist in planning, construction and operations issues on other Mainstream areas or sites.
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- 15 years of experience in a role of Site or Project Manager.
- Experience in building electrical infrastructure works as Substations, OH lines, different kinds of generation plants is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills.
- Experience with HSE management systems and procedures.
- Experience with management of and administering long term service agreements.
- Experience with contractors' management.
- Experience of servicing, troubleshooting, and modifying high technology plants.
- An understanding / qualification in Civil, Mechanical Engineering or Hydraulics is considered an advantage.
- Experience of using IT systems and applications. Using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Availability for frequent traveling to different construction sites in Chile.
- Understanding of written and spoken English. Capable of communicating in English both verbally and in writing.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.