Reporting to: Head of IS Operations
Department: Information Solutions
Job Location: Cape Town
Travel Required: Some national travel may be required
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for an IS Specialist based in our Cape town office.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Service Delivery Analyst is a key role within Mainstreams Information Solution department (IS), responsible for providing service
support to Mainstream’s colleagues globally. This is a key internal customer relationship role, focused on improving the experience of and satisfaction with IT across all the endpoint (laptops/smartphones/tablets) technologies to which they subscribe (mostly Microsoft environment) / office infrastructure (video-conferencing room systems / Xerox Printers), and Applications (cloud applications and desktop apps).
What you will do:
- Triage cases according to the technology and its priority
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs, with escalation as required
- Provide first and second level support for users on Windows OS laptops using Microsoft Office and other applications, helping users achieve their needs using the provided hardware and software
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge base
- Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved
- Create help sheets, guides, and FAQ lists for end users
- Contribute to technical knowledge base
- Collaborate with the team to provide suggestions for continual improvement
- Support the culture of service excellence internally with IS colleagues and with support vendors and maintain strong working relationships
- Responsibility for the induction experiences of all new Starters in SA, which involves delivery of IS inductions on laptops / Windows 10 / videoconferencing / Teams/printers ensuring all new Starters have the necessary equipment, licenses and application available
Starters have the necessary equipment, licenses and application available
The successful candidate should have previous experience in IT Service Support, with excellent technology and people facing skills, strong problem-solving ability, and a keen interest in developing and furthering their technology skills.
What we require:
- A good listener with the ability to problem solve technical issues
- Active Directory Administration experience
- Work in a support or service role
- Ability to assimilate new technologies
- Experience administering Sharepoint is beneficial
- Technical knowledge about Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365. Azure and Dynamics 365 is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer-oriented focus
- A relevant 3rd level qualification in Engineering or IT, or equivalent industry experience/qualification
- A good operational and/or business analysis background
- Experience in managing IT service requests and incidents
- Understanding of ITIL, Service Management and Change Management Methodologies
- Microsoft Certifications on Azure, Active Directory, Microsoft Business Applications would be a distinct advantage
What we offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.