The Commercial Intern will support the SA Commercial Team in preparing bid responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), both within the Renewable Energy Independent Producers Procurement (REIPP) to Independent Power Producers Office (IPPO) and the bi-lateral market within South Africa.
- Support the Commercial Manager and Commercial Executive with activities under REIPPPP and bilateral off-taker space;
- Align to Mainstream’s proven RFP REIPPPP delivery process and help support successful bid delivery within the commercial environment. Including delivery of all required documents at bid stage, and through Financial Close.
- Become accustomed to operating the standard Excel Project Finance models, by
- Understanding the model inputs;
- The investor expectation requirements and equity return calculations, and
- Understanding the long-term debt instruments and structures and subsequent inputs in the financial models.
- Take guidance from the Commercial Manager/Executive and look to analyse other potential Bi-lateral opportunities to secure further non-REIPPPP PPA’s opportunities, and
- Support other Mainstream departments on a commercial basis.
- Graduate in Commerce, Engineering, Law or Accounting;
- Collaborative team player;
- Fluent English language skills is a must;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Very strong relationship building skills;
- Strong MS Office skillset, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, a must;
- South African citizen
- Very strong motivation to make a career within a new industry and scale up business;
- Ability to take ownership and drive both tasks as well as help create/modify existing strategy based on analytical learnings, and
- Mindset and ability to work/communicate in a fast-paced environment
This position is based in Cape Town and will last for one year.