Summary of Role:
- To manage all insurance matters for the APAC region, with a view to appropriate risk mitigation / insurance placement and promoting a value-add approach to insurance.
What you will do?
- APAC Sureties Lead: manage the placement of all credit and guarantee policies placed locally in Vietnam and Philippines or elsewhere in the region, and regional lead for centrally procured guarantee facilities.
- Place insurance programs for pre-construction assets as part of the project financing, with a focus on optimising lifecycle value for the asset.
- Regional lead on Mainstream strategic and tactical efforts securing market leading coverage and commercial terms, working closely with the Head of Group Insurance based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Work with risk owners in the region across development projects and other business functions to assist in risk management, advising on commercial options for risk transfer to insurers where relevant.
- Lead claims management in the region.
- Management of regional policies that form part of the Mainstream Group Corporate insurance program.
- Regional relationship owner for insurance brokers, lenders insurance advisors, regional insurers, regional sureties, Marine Warranty Surveyors, claims handling advisors and others.
- Manage all construction and operation stage insurance programs for assets in the region.
- Manage all related process including: MWS, EML studies, lender negotiations, renewals, special risk management projects.
- Implementation of Group Insurance Framework and manage APAC inputs into ongoing Framework improvements, and knowledge sharing with other regions.
- Manage feedback loop from project risk management through the project lifecycle to inform and continuously improve value in insurances across the regional and global portfolio.
- Work with risk owners and Innovation Champions to identify candidates for risk management innovations, and secure beneficial insurance outcomes.
- Support Contracts team and risk owners in setting third party insurance requirement and confirming compliance thereof.
- Manage insurance capacity building across financial, commercial, legal, project and technical teams, including training, and provision of “self-service” information on the local insurance SharePoint site.
- Support new market entry requirements.
What we require?
- Relevant experience working in an insurance risk management role, including essential industry experience in the energy sector to include projects in development, in construction and operations.
- Experience in identifying areas of risk across multiple contractual arrangements and identifying areas of potential exposure.
- Experience in project finance requirements including managing lenders insurance advisors.
- Experience in arranging and managing asset level insurance policies.
- Experience in arranging and managing surety products: guarantee policies.
- Claims management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, to think creatively, a self-starter but keeping all matters and issues well communicated internally.
- Ability to work effectively with senior regional leaders and cross functional teams, as well as insurance brokers, and other advisors and stakeholders.
- A willingness to travel as required for the role though is expected to be infrequent.