Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Group Insurance Associate to work alongside the Group Insurance Manager as part of Mainstream’s Group Finance team.
The Group Insurance function was created in 2020 as a new centre of excellence to support the global business, to protect Mainstream and optimise the value of its global assets. It has become established as a value accretive centre of innovation and risk management within the business. It’s scope is growing, and it now seeks additional talent continue its development.
This unique cross-functional role will afford the successful candidate great opportunities to learn and add value right across Mainstream’s global renewable energy pipeline, at every stage of the lifecycle from project feasibility through operational asset life.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defined workstreams to support the Group Insurance Manger in developing the Insurance function, building insurance and risk capacity across Mainstream’s global business, supporting regional colleagues to deliver and manager major insurance programs, and develop new initiatives to drive value for Mainstream’s business.
This will include:
- Major (multi-million dollar in annual premiums) insurance program placements and management.
- Risk management processes: risk identification, assessment, mitigation and allocation. To include Estimated Maximum Loss studies; risk engineering; innovative risk mitigation projects.
- Development of local and international surety capacity to support development, construction and operational phase project bond/guarantee requirements.
- M&A and new market entry support.
- Corporate property, financial, cyber, travel and liability program.
- Advisor selection and relationship management.
- A company-wide program of work for Climate Change risk assessment and management;
- Support financial and non-financial sustainability reporting.
Insurance Function Development:
- Develop the Insurance Centre of Excellence and Global Development. Standards. Capacity building across the Mainstream Group. Digital resources.
- Build Mainstream’s reputation and strategic relationships in the international (Re)insurance markets.
- Assessment of alternative future coverage structures.
- Enterprise Risk Management and IPO readiness.
What we require?
- STEM, commercial or finance educational background with minimum 5 years experience in a related field. MBA or similar qualification is beneficial.
- Curiosity, drive, and a growth mindset are vital. Aptitude may trump experience - prior insurance experience is not required nor is previous renewables experience necessarily a pre-requisite for this role. The right candidate will have opportunity, and be required, to learn on the job.
- A willingness to challenge, and be challenged.
- An interest in risk and its management.
- Technical aptitude and commercial acumen. Solutions orientation. Excellent analytical skills.
- Process and efficiency orientation. Attention to detail.
- A self-motivated team player who takes pride in service delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience working across different cultures is beneficial.
- English speaker. Second and subsequent languages relevant to Mainstream markets is an advantage.
- High personal standards regarding professional code of conduct and compliance.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.