- Reporting to: Insurance Manager LatAm
- Department: ASA - Finance
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Infrequent in-country
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
To manage all insurance matters for the LatAm region, with a view to appropriate risk mitigation / insurance placement and promoting a value-add approach to insurance.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Keep the control on the Construction and Operational Policies for the Andes Renovables platform, including the validity period, extensions, renewals and correct issuance of the documentation.
- In charge of the Purchase Order creation for the insurance policies and to confirm the payments if it is required from the broker or the insurance companies.
- Place insurance programs for pre-construction assets as part of the project financing, with a focus on optimising lifecycle value for the asset
- Support the claim management in Chile, on the assets in construction and operation establishing and maintaining appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the claim file.
- Manage insurance related process including Marine Warranty Surveys, Estimated Maximum Losses studies, and other special risk management projects
- Collaborate on the placement of new Project Finance process within the country for portfolios of wind and solar PV projects.
- Administrate feedback loop from project risk management through the project lifecycle to inform and continuously improve value in insurances across the regional.
- Manage local database of Insurance policy for all the country projects for a self-service platform of downloading and availability of the documentation and validity dates.
- Design reporting tools and dashboards to enhance visibility into the health of the business; evaluate financial and operational metrics and provide meaningful analysis to leadership.
- Track, report, and proactively drive down the cost of our policies with a focus on improvements to reduce the premium rates.
- Support Contracts team and risk owners in setting third party insurance requirement and confirming compliance thereof and communicates effectively to non-technical audience.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Business, Engineering or similar technical background preferred
- Experience working in an insurance or risk management role, ideally with experience in the energy sector to include projects in development, in construction and operations.
- Experience in identifying areas of risk across multiple contractual arrangements and identifying areas of potential exposure.
- Experience in project finance requirements including managing lenders insurance advisors would be a regarded favourably
- Experience in arranging and managing asset level insurance policies, and/or corporate liability covers
- Claims management experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish
- The ability to work on your own initiative, to think creatively, a self-starter but keeping all matters and issues well communicated internally
- Ability to work effectively with senior regional leaders and cross functional teams, as well as insurance brokers, and other advisors and stakeholders
- A willingness to travel as required for the role though is expected to be infrequent
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."