Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale renewable power plants.
The company is focused on delivering into operations, a high-quality portfolio of onshore and offhore wind, solar and hybrid assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa, Asia and in offshore wind markets globally.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream is recognised globally as an innovative company, that has led the energy transition by being first to
market and through the commitment of talented teams developing and financing renewable energy projects.
With growing appetite for renewable energy globally and growing
competition in the sector, Mainstream recognises that innovation is more important now than ever.
Though Mainstream is already a highly innovative and entrepreneurial company, a structured approach to innovation is required to exploit the opportunities that exist from changing customer needs, ongoing de-regulation of power markets globally , as well as technology advancement.
Building on strategy work completed in 2020 and early 2021, this role will co-ordinate innovation activities across the group, support innovation champions in each Mainstream office, run the ideas register and workshops for capturing new ideas and opportunities, apply for innovation finance with relevant agencies and sources of innovation funding, and be the point of contact for external
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Co-ordination of and support to Innovation Champions within Mainstream
- Management of Innovation Hub and channel
- Communicating on a regular basis around the company on innovation initiatives
- Bring the Innovation Management System to ISO 56002:2019
- Run the Mainstream Ideas Register for capturing innovation and digitalization project ideas
from across the business.
- Classifying and categorising ideas across product, process, business model and service
- Bringing projects to the Innovation Council for Selection
- Manage projects through to implementation according to an Agile PM methodology
- Management of Mainstream Intellectual Property and protection of same
- Identify national and regional financing streams suitable for Innovative projects, such as
Horizon Europe, Innovation Europe, Disruptive Technologies Fund
- Be the key contact for Mainstream with these funders and develop proposals with
collaborative partners in line with Mainstream’s strategy
- Investigate and Manage R&D Tax supports for Mainstream activity
- Look outwards and connect with the Innovation ecosystem within the regions for training,
R&D, collaboration opportunities, regional challenges in decarbonisation
- Develop ongoing relationships with universities for internships and thesis topics
- Run the internship program alongside HR for 2021/22 with a view to c. 60 interns across
- Implement a Science Foundation Ireland Industry RD&I Fellowship Programme for 2022
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Passionate, open-minded, creative, curious, connector and facilitator.
- Well organized.
- Project management expertise – Agile an advantage
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of external certification bodies and processes (e.g., ISO 9001).
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Enthusiasm for change management.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing
market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including
an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.