Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide. Focusing on develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power has a large wind and solar development pipeline in Chile which include a wind farm of 33 MW in commercial operation since 2013, 300 MW under construction and 1 GW in wind projects to be built.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated IMS Coordinator to join our Chilean Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality team.
Manage the implementation and ongoing optimization of MRP Chile’s Integrated Management System, focusing on implementing the associated processes, standardising work methods and implementing the system within Company projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role are described below:
- Ensure that the integrated management system is correctly implemented both in the main office and on Company projects.
- Propose management benchmarks to Senior Management and follow up on these proposals.
- Propose actions for continuous improvement to Senior Management that would help to optimise the integrated management system.
- Plan, coordinate and carry out internal audits both in the main office and on the Company’s project
- Coordinate third party audits with certified organisations.
- Keep all documentation related to the integrated management system up to date.
- Generate actions that raise awareness and involve employees in the integrated management system on a systematic basis.
- Monitor the operation, efficiency and suitability of the integrated management system.
- Coordinate induction for new employees.
- Coordinate health exams for new staff and renovation for old staff.
- Coordinate H&S training for all the MRP Staff.
- Prepare and implement H&S Plan for Projects under Development stage.
- Ensure compliance by contractor companies of H&S standards applicable to Projects in the Development stage.
- Ensure H&S legal requirement compliance by contractor companies in Projects in the Development stage.
- Ensure H&S legal compliance by MRP in Projects in the Development stage.
- Generate reports on H&S performance by contractor companies in Projects in the Development stage.
- Maintain ongoing communication with H&S Supervisor and Project Manager.
- Report all incidents and ensure correct development of each of their investigations.
- Detect needs to standardize critical activities based on field evaluations.
- Propose standards or procedures to standardize certain activities.
The Successful Candidate will have the following Education, Experience and Characteristics are considered essential for the role:
- Engineering degree of any discipline with a postgraduate qualification in integrated management systems (Safety, Occupational Health, Quality and the Environment).
- 5 years professional experience (general).
- 3 years experience managing integrated management systems.
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience working on energy projects in the construction stage.
- Experience working on Renewable energy projects.
- Qualified as a Lead Auditor in ISO 9001 – ISO 14001 – OHSAS 18001
- Fluency English (written and spoken) is a plus.
- Santiago – Chile
What is offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with the financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a competitive total benefits package.