Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, Mexico, South Africa and Ireland. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally. We are seeking skilled and motivated individuals to join our Health, Safety and Environmental team in Chile.
Provide comprehensive technical assistance in Safety and Occupational Health matters to the project under his/her responsibility, ensuring effective control of H&S hazards, for full compliance of internal standards and legal aspects to minimize the occurrence of incidents that may affect both persons and the environment.
- Implement H&S Plan in the assigned Project.
- Ensure compliance by contractor companies of H&S standards to assigned Project
- Ensure H&S legal requirement compliance by contractor companies in assigned Project.
- Ensure H&S legal compliance by MRP in assigned Project.
- Generate reports on H&S performance by contractor companies in the assigned Project.
- Maintain ongoing communication with H&S Manager and Site Manager.
- Report all incidents and ensure correct development of each of their investigations.
- Detect needs to standardize critical activities based on field evaluations.
- Propose standards or procedures to standardize certain activities.
- Give the proper guideline to the H&S site inspector.
For the above you will need to:
- Work closely with the Site Project Manager, HSE Technical Inspection and contractor companies.
- Check all the H&S documentation provided by the contractor companies; specially focus on procedures, root cause analysis and non-conformities.
- Develop systematic H&S supervision on site.
- Keep all the necessary H&S information in order.
Education and Experience Background
- Engineer of any specialty with a Postgraduate Degree in Health and Safety (DS Nº40) or Risk Prevention Engineer.
- 8 years of work experience (similar position) in Construction business.
- Experience in application of integrated management systems.
- Experience in construction of wind farms.
- Lead the H&S matters in the assigned MRP project, in order to achieve the H&S objectives and targets.
This position will be full time on site, on the assigned project.
What we Offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepeneurial organisation, with high values as respect, diversity and equity, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package, including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.