- Reporting to: H&S Projects Manager
- Department: Technical Services – SHEQ
- Job Location: Antofagasta/Santiago
- Travel Required: Frequently travel to sites in Chile
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions.
Summary of Role:
Provide comprehensive technical assistance in occupational health and safety to the portfolio of projects under its responsibility, ensuring effective control of health and safety risks, for full compliance with internal regulations and legal aspects to minimize the occurrence of incidents that can affect either people or the environment.
What you will do?
- Report weekly, biweekly and monthly KPIs required by the organization.
- Prepare reports with performance indicators and management status for the projects.
- Hold weekly management follow-up meetings with the assigned teams.
- Monitor the project management indicators weekly and monthly.
- Ensure the implementation of the H&S plans according with the standards defined by the company.
- Ensure contractor´s compliance with H&S legal requirements.
- Maintain continuous communication with H&S Manager and Site Management team.
- Report all incidents in a timely manner and ensure the implementation of action plans at each of the site.
- Detect needs and propose improvements to the management system.
- Follow up on the management of non-conformities at each site.
- Review the analysis of accidents that could occur in the project portfolio of the company and propose actions to be implemented together with Contractors.
For the above, you need:
- Report the status of progress and compliance with KPIs systematically and on a weekly, biweekly and monthly basis to the H&S Manager.
- Work closely with the H&S Managers of each site.
- Supervise the review of the documentation associated with the projects.
- Verify the correct performance of the H&S team on site.
- Keeping the projects H&S information properly neat and organized.
What we require?
Education & Work Experience Background
- Engineer degree with a Postgraduate Degree in Health and Safety (DS Nº40) or Risk Prevention.
- Experience in team management.
- 8 years of experience in similar position within the generation electrical infrastructure construction industry.
- Experience in the application of integrated management systems related to ISO 9.001, 14.001 and 45.001.
- Experience in the construction of wind and solar plants is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in English (written and verbal).
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.