Mainstream Renewable Power (Mainstream) is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants, focussing on wind and solar, thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream is 75% owned by Aker Horizons, a planet positive investment company, which is part of the Aker ASA group. Mainstream is the largest portfolio company in Aker Horizons.
Mainstream is looking to hire an experienced Sustainability Manager on a permanent basis at our Head Office in Dublin.
This role is responsible for embedding, further developing, overseeing, and reporting on our sustainability strategy
and key initiatives across the group as well as leading on the liaison with our sustainability colleagues across the Aker Horizons portfolio companies.
The role also provides subject matter expertise and support to senior leaders across the businesses and to the
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Global Head of Corporate Affairs you will be responsible for:
- Leading on the management, development and implementation of the company’s sustainability
strategy, budget, targets and KPI’s
- Ensuring the sustainability strategy aligns with and is integrated into the overall business strategy and planning process.
- Engaging and collaborating with Aker Horizons’ Head of Sustainability in the development and delivery of their Sustainability Plan
- Ensuring appropriate internal processes, controls and measurement systems are in place to reach sustainability goals, collate data and monitor progress
- Leading on Climate Risk management and compliance; including validation of risk assessments, verification of compliance, and ownership of the company’s sustainability risk register and transparent reporting to meet TCFD requirements
- Working with the company’s Leadership Team to formulate action plans with defined timebound objectives, targets and responsibilities to support the group approach
- Delivering all external sustainability reporting, including annual published reports, website content and external rating agency surveys, including submissions to CDP, and the UN Global Compact and the UN Energy Compact processes
- Monitoring relevant environmental and social regulation, develop external reporting in line with
good practice and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring Mainstream keeps abreast of new reporting guidance from GRI, SASB, IPIECA and other relevant standards
- Preparing and presenting internal sustainability updates for the Leadership Team, Board and
Committee meetings [and acting as Secretary to the Board Sustainability Committee]
- Engaging with and responding to key external stakeholders on sustainability issues e.g. NGOs,
partners, existing and prospective clients, community groups, and ESG investors
Key Skills & Requirements:
Ideally you will be a MSc. level gradate or equivalent in an environmental or sustainability related discipline or
have completed appropriate post-qualification training in Sustainability management.
You will have extensive experience in sustainability across strategy development, implementation, monitoring, communication and reporting.
You will also be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Leading on the revision and implementation of a company sustainability strategy
- Excellent knowledge of global environmental standards and frameworks, e.g. the Paris Agreement, Sustainable Development Goals and Science Based Targets initiative
- Working with internal and external stakeholders across technical and non-technical functions in the private, public and non-profit sectors
- Able to effectively lead, direct and integrate work with others and manage tasks through to completion
- Deep technical knowledge across environmental, social, governance topics including but not limited to climate, human rights, biodiversity, social responsibility, and water use
- Confidence and experience in advising on sustainability at all levels in an organisation and with external stakeholders
- Experience in engaging with and responding to stakeholders including but not limited to: employees, Board, NGOs, ESG investors, communities, and government
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting requirements including at least one of SECR, MSA, and TCFD
What do we Offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6-month probation period.