Summary of Role:
The Head of Project Marketing & Sales will support the Mainstream Leadership team and regional platforms in identifying and influencing the low risk, long term owners of renewable energy plant. The low risk investors include pension funds and insurance companies, many of whom require identification and development. This role will broadly identify the low risk investors active internationally and specific to local markets and market the Mainstream Renewable Power opportunity to them.
The role will support Mainstream’s global activity and demands a commitment to extensive international travel. The role will require travel to other Mainstream offices as well as other countries where the company may or may not have operations.
The role will involve interacting externally with investors, brokers and advisors, as well as internally with all areas of the Mainstream Group, including the Board. The role will work closely with the Group CEO, CFO and other members of the Mainstream Leadership Team.
- The successful candidate will regularly review M&A transactions in energy and renewable energy transactions globally
- Identify potential ultimate owners of wind or solar projects
- Market renewable energy projects on an individual or platform basis to the lowest cost of capital investor pool interested in a long-term de-risked operating revenue stream
- Market renewable energy projects to pension funds, fund managers and similar investment vehicles
- Promote Mainstream and the pipeline of investment opportunities
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and exit strategies as required
- Influence the group’s strategy and business model across different markets and regions
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- A strong academic background.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the energy or renewable energy industry.
- A strong understanding of the investment community for utility-scale renewable energy assets.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills, including ability to present recommendations and highlight key points in a succinct manner to executive management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a strong ability to build consensus and to guide individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and results-oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Initiates, maintains and cultivates strategic relationships.