Mainstream is currently recruiting a Head of Offshore Engineering to support the offshore team’s drive to secure and deliver significant projects, both in the UK and Worldwide . Primary responsibilities will include providing technical input to site selection, production of project specifications , managing consultants and contractors and providing input to contract documents for projects in all Mainstream’s juristictions.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Assessing and quantifiying ground risk and other engineering factors to assist with site selection primarily within UK and Scottish waters.
- Developing CAPEX and OPEX assumptions associated with differing ground conditions and foundation types
- Development of specifications for development projects to provide the basis for Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Specify, tender and manage offshore survey works , including bathymetric surveys, geophysical surveys and geotechnical investigations.
- Management of contractors, subcontractors and partners.
- Assist with the preparation of Construction contracts.Contribute to project scheduling/ budgeting and risk management.
- Contribute to assembly of and quality assurance checks for contract documentation
- Selection, co-ordination and management of External Design Consultants
- Development of project schedules and project risk registers
- Development of construction strategies
- Development of Procurement strategies
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in offshore wind site selection
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Knowledge of the Offshore windfarm development and foundation design process
- Experience in geotechnical engineering
- Experience in the preparation of construction contract documents
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation.
- Experience in conducting technical and commercial negotiations with EPC contractors/grid Companies etc.
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be a genine teamplayer, with a positive outlook , be determined and flexible.
- Have a primary degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering with a second degree a strong preference.
- Have secured Chartered status
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, self starter with proven track record of delivery
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, international travel may be required as part of the job.