Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer in Dublin, the Head of Finance is a key hire within the company. The person will not only be responsible for the management of globally diverse finance teams, but will also be a lead contributor to the development of the company.
Summary of Role
- Management of large finance functions in both Dublin and the various global offices (Chile, South Africa and Asia) including the direct management of six senior employees and 15 indirect finance staff;
- The finance functions managed out of Dublin are the following:
- Responsibility for the annual audit of Mainstream and its related subsidiaries;
- Preparation of monthly consolidated accounts for Mainstream with related backup;
- Preparation of monthly Business Unit Reports “telling the story” of the business split over its Development, Construction and Operations business units;
- Management of all Board Reporting requirements and reporting to external shareholders and interested parties;
- Management of the cash flow forecasting of the group, the group Treasury function and reporting on cash position to management (weekly) and Board (monthly);
- Management of the Annual Budget setting process and reporting of actual versus budget for the following year;
- Management of the Corporate Accounts Payable and the control and review of platforms accounts payable processes and compliance;
- Responsible for the ongoing development and improvement of processes and assessing whether these processes are adhered to in the platforms; and
- Preparation of relevant technical papers and studies into complex accounting matters.
- The Head of Finance is also responsible for assessing the system requirements of the Finance function as well as how they link with the operations of the business. This role will involve leading projects to deliver best in class financial reporting and analysis that ensures business leaders are getting timely & accurate financial information that enables effective decision making.
- Management of Platform Finance teams. These teams report on a daily basis to the Country Manager, however they have a direct reporting line to the Head of Finance in Dublin. It is imperative that the Head of Finance in Dublin understands all the workings of these geographically diverse departments and assists them in the achievement of their goals. To achieve this, this will involve weekly calls and monthly visits to Chile, South Africa and Asia.
- The Head of Finance reports directly to the CFO in Dublin. Other reports to the CFO in Dublin include the Head of IS (Information Services), Head of Commercial and Head of Legal. The Head of Finance must work cross functionally with these departments to help achieve the objectives of the CFO.
- The Head of Finance must be the Finance lead on all transaction related work in conjunction with the Commercial and Corporate Finance teams. These transactions will include the delivery of projects to Financial Close and Commercial Operations, the acquisition of projects or companies, entering into joint venture partnerships and future disposals of projects, platforms, subsidiaries or joint ventures.
- Over the last 10 years Mainstream has developed significantly in terms of scale and capabilities becoming a truly global company. As the global movement towards renewable energy gathers pace and the Mainstream business continues to expand it is looking for a finance leader to take the finance function and its capabilities to the next level. This will involve preparing the function not just for what the business wants to be in a years’ time but for where it needs to be in 5-10 years.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A high calibre trained Chartered Accountant with minimum 10 years post qualification experience;
- Tax qualification preferred;
- Experience of auditing financial statements as well as relevant energy industry experience;
- Excellent IFRS knowledge;
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines;
- Strong commercial background with experience at Finance Director / Financial Controller level in industry or Finance Business partnering experience;
- High levels of energy and motivation with a strong track record of delivery in previous roles;
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross functionally including with non-financial teams;
- Previous experience in dealing with professional partners including banks, solicitors, accountants, project finance providers, insurers etc;
- Strong people management experience with experience in managing large teams over geographically diverse locations and time-zones; and
- The role is based in Dublin, Ireland but requires flexibility for frequent international travel on a broad range of projects.