Mainstream Renewable Power is currently recruiting for a Head of Central Development. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the development activities undertaken in the countries where Mainstream operates meet the standard set out in MRP’s Global Development standards. The successful candidate will also ensure that knowledge, best practice and lessons learned during the development phase are captured and shared between regions. As Mainstream enters new markets the Head of Central Development will manage the provision of due diligence for target development acquisitions and joint ventures and assist the new market to identify and recruit development staff in that region.
What you will do:
- Ownership, continual improvement and implementation of MRP’s Global Development Standard (GDS) including running an ongoing training series to upskill colleagues on same.
- Ensure knowledge sharing amongst the regional and central development teams by leading a Monthly Development Call and an annual off-site event and by managing a central repository of development information, lessons learned and best practice in the GDS area of SP Online.
- Development, ownership and implementation of standard suite of EIA SoWs in conjunction with Regional Development Managers.
- Development, continual improvement and implementation of MRP’s Gate Process.
- Development and implementation of Lessons Learnt procedure and process for development-stage projects.
- Bi-annual audit of development-stage projects against MRP’s GDS via ‘Bi-annual Project Review’. Development of procedure, schedule and suite of templates for same.
- Due diligence of the development work for project acquisition opportunities.
- Setting up Development function, project structure and project management structure in new markets and overlap with Regional Development Manager for first six months of his/her appointment. Development support to new markets including roll out of company-wide development standards, review of EIA proposals, review of technical aspects of EIAs and chairing/attending regional project team meetings during the development phase.
- Support Development Service Agreement (DSA) scope preparation and execution.
- Corporate development cost and schedule estimating as input to budgets and reports.
- Presentation of MRP’s development capabilities, development systems, and development track record to external parties, investors, lenders and due diligence providers.
- Induction of new hires with respect to the development stage and MRP’s GDS.
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams.
- Reporting on development stage KPIs for senior management.
What we require:
- Direct experience in Wind and solar PV renewable project development.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the renewables industry on a multi-disciplinary basis.
- First class honours degree in Science, Engineering or similar. Chartership preferred.
- Fluency in English including excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Spanish language skills will be a distinct advantage
- Strong project management skill set required including scheduling and financial control.
- Experience in leading multicultural teams and working in a cross functional structure
- Team Building and good communication skills