Mainstream Renewable Power is currently recruiting for the role of Head of Central Construction. The successful candidate will oversee the construction process for a group of wind and solar projects located in the regions across the globe where Mainstream operates (currently LATAM, Africa, Europe and APAC). The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that Construction Project Management and Construction Works are completed in the regions according to Mainstream’s global standards (including the Global Development Standard (GDS) and Employers Requirements (ERs)) and in line with the contracts signed with the construction contractors. The successful candidate will also ensure that knowledge, best practice and lessons learned during the Construction phase are captured and shared between regions. As Mainstream enters new markets the Head of Central Construction will manage the provision of due diligence for target development and pre-FC acquisitions and joint ventures and assist the new market to identify and recruit construction staff in that region once it becomes clear that a project will reach Financial Close.
In particular, the Head of Central Construction will focus on how to improve Schedule, Cost, Quality & Safety delivery on Mainstream construction projects.
What you will do:
- Within a matrix structure lead the Construction Managers responsible for delivering the projects from construction into operation safely, on time and to budget.
- Actively drive for zero HSE incidents during the construction of projects.
- Ensure the projects under construction are constructed and capable of being operated in accordance with local Health and Safety and Environment regulations and permits.
- Ensure the projects under construction are built in accordance with Mainstream internal procedures and standards (including GDS and ERs) and contracts
- Actively support the regions regarding claims received and dispute resolution
- To participate in the construction project weekly meetings
- To set up technical visits to the factories to carry out due diligence on the manufacturing
- Ensure Construction Managers keep issues and risk logs properly updated and promptly raise any issue that will require internal decision making.
- To establish MRP Group Construction standards and implement and train all regions
- Issue project progress reports as requested by either lenders or internal management team.
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams.
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies etc.
- Ability to work with electrical grid utilities to develop transmission grid connection plans.
- Strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s procedures / processes sing PMI® PMBOK®.
- Supporting Development team on construction related matters and constructability reviews.
- To lead groups focused on sharing of expertise, best practice and lessons learned globally.
- Assist the Head of Global Project Management to develop the regional project execution strategy.
- Market awareness of solar & wind farm construction activity, regulatory issues and other renewable technologies.
What we require:
- Engineering with Minimum 10 years in Project, Contract and Construction management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with significant autonomy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all time.
- Experience in Grid, Substation & Construction
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).