Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, South Africa, Asia and Ireland.
Summary of Role :
Provide comprehensive technical assistance in Safety and Occupational Health matters to the project under his/her responsibility, ensuring effective control of H&S hazards, for full compliance of internal standards and legal aspects to minimize the occurrence of incidents that may affect both persons and the environment.
What you will do?
- Implement H&S Plan in the assigned Project.
- Ensure compliance by contractor companies of H&S standards to assigned Project
- Ensure H&S legal requirement compliance by contractor companies in assigned Project.
- Ensure H&S legal compliance by MRP in assigned Project.
- Generate reports on H&S performance by contractor companies in the assigned Project.
- Maintain ongoing communication with H&S Manager and Site Manager.
- Report all incidents and ensure correct development of each of their investigations.
- Detect needs to standardize critical activities based on field evaluations.
- Propose standards or procedures to standardize certain activities.
- Give the proper guideline to the H&S site inspector.
For the above you will need to:
- Work closely with the Site Project Manager, HSE Technical Inspection and contractor companies.
- Revise all the H&S documentation provided by the contractor companies; specially focus on procedures, root cause analysis and non-conformities.
- Develop systematic H&S supervision on site.
- Keep all the necessary H&S information in order.
What we require?
Education and Experience
- Engineer of any specialty with a Postgraduate Degree in Health and Safety (DS Nº40) or Risk Prevention Engineer.
- 8 years of work experience (similar position) in Construction business.
- Experience in application of integrated management systems.
- Experience in construction of wind farms.
- Handle the H&S matters in the assigned MRP project, in order to achieve the H&S objectives and targets.
This position will be full time on site, on the assigned project.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.