Reporting to the Head of Group Tax based in Ireland, this is a key role within the Finance team.
- Assisting the Head of Group Tax with IPO tax planning activities as required including:
- Assisting with IPO related tax due diligence of the Group
- Assisting with preparation of IPO related tax materials
- Assisting with IPO specific tax planning issues
- Reviewing tax technology solutions in relation to compliance, reporting and share options
- Reviewing and improving tax related internal controls
- Assist with developing a quarterly tax provisioning model and process
- Assist with planning for ongoing tax reporting as a public company
- Assisting with ongoing tax compliance requirements including corporation tax, VAT, payroll taxes, withholding taxes, stamp duties etc. This will involve liaising with local finance managers and external advisers in each jurisdiction.
- Assisting with the preparation of the consolidated tax provision and tax notes for the consolidated Group financial statements on an annual basis. Assisting local finance managers with review of entity financial statements from a tax perspective including preparation of tax notes.
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly tax reports for all entities across the Group; holding of quarterly compliance review meetings with local finance managers and preparation of a summary compliance report to be delivered to the CFO on a quarterly basis. Assistance with development and roll out of continuous improvement initiatives in relation to tax reporting to Group.
- Assisting in structuring acquisitions, joint ventures, disposals, financings, refinancings, reorganisations etc as they arise.
- Assisting in managing due diligence of proposed acquisitions by Mainstream and of proposed investments in Mainstream/proposed loan funding to Mainstream by third parties.
- Assisting the Head of Group Tax with the development of a Group transfer pricing policy, managing Group transfer pricing requirements including annual transfer pricing returns, preparation and maintenance of local files and master file, preparation of transaction specific transfer pricing reports, assistance with transfer pricing audits and enquiries as they arise. From an Irish perspective, this will include assistance with the restructuring of the current Group financing structure and development and monitoring of tax efficient financing structures across the Group on an ongoing basis.
- Supporting the Head of Group Tax in meeting internal reporting obligations including CFO reports, Board reports, equity investor reports etc.
- Assisting with providing support to group HR function on payroll taxes and global mobility and share option related matters relating to all Mainstream locations.
Assisting with dealings with local tax authorities in all regions including tax authority enquiries, tax audits and interactions.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Professional tax qualification required as well as a professional accounting qualification and a degree in accountancy or law
- 5 years + experience to combine professional training and work experience in practice in a Big 4 firm. Experience in an industry role would also be desirable.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Able to articulate complicated tax concepts in a simple manner to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability required.
- Excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Flexibility to travel. The role will be based in Dublin but may require travel to other Mainstream locations and/or other locations