Reporting to the Head of Finance, this is a key role in the group finance team that requires significant experience in a group financial accountant role and appropriate technical expertise.
- Management and development (inc recruitment) of the Group Finance & Control team.
- Ensure team structure and resource level meets business needs
- Set up internal audit function and programme including governance structures
- Ensure Mainstream ESG reporting compliance requirements are delivered
- Develop control and reporting framework to ensure Mainstream meets its IPO readiness
deliverable Drive IPO reporting and compliance procedures
- Drive automation / process enhancements to meet all stakeholder inc Aker reporting
requirements In conjunction with Head of Digitalisation development and documentation of the financial and reporting systems across the business including identifying improvements to key internal controls and processes
- Lead any M&A diligence process for finance and any subsequent integration
- Coordination with other key teams both within and out with finance
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience Responsibility for accounting policies, accounting for technical issues, transactions and financing structures and ensuring that appropriate disclosure requirements are met
- Review of technical accounting papers regarding the key accounting issues facing the Group
- Review Group accounting policies regularly and review the Group capitalisation policy to drive
better capitalisation across the Group
- Management of the external audit process including review and sign-off of financial
statements for key subsidiaries. Responsible for the transition to a new auditor in 2022
- Coordination with tax function to ensure accurate and compliant tax provisioning and reporting
- Key interface with Aker reporting team to ensure Aker public reporting requirements are met
on a timely basis
- Overall responsibility for the group financial reporting process, including driving the process
for consolidation of the monthly management accounts.
- Build and maintain matrix reporting relationships with financial reporting leads in each of the four platforms (Latam, APAC, South Africa and Offshore)
- Hold regular review sessions with each of the platforms to review financial results and ensure
that group policies are being applied
- Preparation of board papers and reporting of key financial information at a senior level within the organisation
- Acting as a Director on subsidiary entities Boards (i.e., Luxembourg entities).
- Responsibility for external reporting to key stakeholders such as mezzanine debt trustees,
letter of credit finance providers and covenant compliance reporting.
- Key role in ensuring the corporate budget process outputs are IFRS compliant
- Understand FX exposures and their impact on financial results across the Group
- Take a lead role in ad hoc projects as required
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A high calibre qualified Chartered Accountant (c 10 years PQE).
- Experience of auditing consolidated financial statements as well as relevant industry
experience in a group finance role
- Experience of reporting in a listed company
- Experience of internal audit
- Excellent IFRS knowledge essential
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging
- High levels of energy and motivation, with a track record of delivery.
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of projects.
- Flexibility to travel
Whats on offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6 month probation period.