Summary of Role :
The Group Head of Legal is responsible for all legal matters throughout the Mainstream Group. The role will be high-profile, with significant interaction with the senior management team and require close collaboration with colleagues in many functions across the business (Commercial, Corporate Finance, Development etc.) as well as the Regional/Platform legal departments, while also managing the relationships of external counsel.
The Group Head of Legal will be responsible for providing clear concise advice on all legal matters including Company law; joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements; acquisitions and disposals; project finance; corporate finance; power purchase agreements; procurement and construction contracts. Oversight of the Anti-bribery and corruption policies and ethics compliance.
- Lead on all legal and contractual matters, strategic and operational
- Review and interpert legal agreements in order to provide clear concise written and verbal advice
- Provide legal opinions on contractual matters and instruct external counsel where necessary
- Provide legal advice on all key business issues and projects and make recommendations to mitigate risks
- Create and oversee a best-in-class legal function that is positioned to provide advice and guidance on contracts and a comppliance framework
- Prepare and review drafting of legal documents and key project commercial contracts including the negotiation of finance agreements, joint ventures, acquisitions, share purchase agreements,construction contracts, share purchase agreements.
- Review, develop and manage the updating of legal policies and procedures
- Oversee preparations to be IPO-ready from a legal and compliance perspective
- Assist in equity funding raisings and due diligence transactions at project and HoldCo level
- Advise on legal aspects of ’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities
- Act as a resource on the interpretation of existing or proposed laws and regulations that could impact the business
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A high calibre commercial solicitor with minimum 15 years post-qualification experience
- Experience in preparing a company for IPO would be advantageous, particularly in the renewable energy industry
- An ability to prepare a legal strategy, lead negotiations and navigate through complex legal issues
- Leadership experience gained in both structured corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of business needs with excellent negotiation skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to prioritise work, multi task and work to set deadlines within a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- A creative problem solver with a strong technical background and a proven track record in the delivery of solutions to a range of challenging corporate issue
- Strong analytical, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work across several multinational jurisdictions
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.