Reporting to the Senior Group Reporting Manager based in Ireland, this is a key role within the Finance team.
Background – Mainstream Renewable Power
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than 10 gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Since entering the Chilean market in 2009, Mainstream has grown to become the largest independent renewables developer in Chile with a development portfolio over 3.2 GW (early and late stage development) and 870 MW in construction
In South Africa, Mainstream has delivered 600MW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation and is currently constructing a further 250MW of wind farms. Mainstream are also progressing a development pipeline in excess of 5.5 GW of wind and solar PV projects.
Mainstream established its APAC HQ in Singapore in 2019. The company is actively developing a pipeline of large-scale projects throughout the APAC region through its local offices in Vietnam and the Philippines.
Mainstream has raised over €2.1 billion in project finance and employs over 300 staff across four continents. In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline.
- Assist with IPO related finance due diligence of the Group
- Assist with preparation of IPO related finance materials
- Preparation of monthly accounts and annual financial statements for key subsidiaries – Corporate, Ireland and Luxembourg including balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the corporate budgets as part of the annual budget process
- Lead the audit process for corporate companies and support the group audit process
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated month end management accounts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly finance papers for the board and senior management team and reporting of key financial information within the organisation
- Assist in the preparation of external reports to key stakeholders such as senior debt trustees, letter of credit finance providers and covenant compliance reporting
- Identifying improvements to key internal controls and processes.
- Coach the Part Qualified Group Accountant
- Other tasks as directed by the CFO or Head of Finance or Head of Treasury & Group Reporting
Qualifications, skills and Experience:
- Third level qualification in Business or Accounting
- ACA qualified accountant with Big 4 experience
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- High levels of energy and motivation
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills
- Dublin based but with ability to travel to group offices when needed