Reporting to the Head of Treasury & Group Reporting, this is a key role in the group finance team that requires significant experience in a group financial accountant role and appropriate technical expertise.
- Management of the group’s financial reporting process, including the consolidation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of monthly finance papers for the board and senior management team and reporting of key financial information within the organisation.
- Managing the external audit process and preparation of the Annual Report.
- Preparation of external reports to key stakeholders such as senior debt trustees, letter of credit finance providers and covenant compliance reporting.
- Preparation of papers to document accounting for technical issues to ensure appropriate accounting requirements are met.
- Preparation of monthly accounts and annual financial statements for key subsidiaries – Corporate and Ireland (including Tax compliance).
- Owning the corporate budget process and driving discussions with corporate heads regarding budget spend and challenging this spend as appropriate.
- Reviewing the corporate balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that reconciling items identified are corrected.
- Work with the Group Finance team to drive completion of the weekly cash forecast template and weekly cash summary report for the CFO.
- Review capitalisation policy and drive better capitalisation across the Group.
- Review FX exposures across the Group regularly.
- Development of the financial and reporting systems across the business including identifying improvements to key internal controls and processes.
- Manage the Junior Group Accountant – ensure training plan and objectives are appropriately set. Coach as required to develop the Junior Group Accountant in her role.
- Taking a lead role in ad hoc projects as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A high calibre qualified Chartered Accountant (minimum 3 years PQE).
- Experience of auditing consolidated financial statements as well as relevant industry experience in a group finance role
- Excellent IFRS knowledge essential
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines.
- High levels of energy and motivation, with a track record of delivery.
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of projects.
- Flexibility to travel.