Grid & Standards Analyst
- Reporting to: Market Operation Leader.
- Department: O&M.
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile.
- Travel Required: National Travel to Mainstream Plants if Required.
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of the Role:
Analyst will collaborate with the Market Operation Leader in the compliance of the national grid code (NTSyCS and LGSE) of all stages of Mainstream (MRP) assets, from development to commercial operation. To accomplish this will have to be aware of Coordinador Eléctrico Nacional (CEN) requirements, letter response and will have to mail CEN when necessary.
The candidate also will have participation in the proposing of strategies and action plans regarding regulatory issues, and in rising any issue related to technical aspect of electrical market regulation that could potentially affect the operating projects.
The candidate also will participate, automate and deliver internal operational and markets reports analizing performance of different plants of MRP.
This role will work closely with the different areas within the company such as Legal, Procurement, Construction, Engineering, Finance and Development, and with operational contractors and people in site of MPR plants. For this last reason, could be necessary to travel to site in order to better understanding of daily operation of plants or because any particular operational project requeriment.
The role requires knowledge of national electric market regulation and of the commercial operation of renewable energy plants.
What will you do?
- Have technical relationship with Coordinador Eléctrico Nacional (CEN).
- Prepare and review any Failure Report required, with support of Engineering team.
- Oversee compliance with NTSyCS of each operating project.
- Rise any issue related to technical aspect of the regulation that could potentially affect the operating projects.
- Mailing from and to Coordinador Eléctrico Nacional (CEN).
- Check and analyse the participation of the company in SSCC market. Coordinate ancillary services certification process.
- Check “capacidad de suficiencia” reports.
- Propose strategies and actions regarding regulatory issues.
What we require?
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Deep understanding of wind and solar power plants requirements from Regulatory perspective.
- Knowledge of main CEN platforms.
- IT skills, including experience with MS Office, Power BI and Sharepoint.
- Attention to details and proactivity.
- Proven capability to meet deadlines and deliver to timelines.
- Ability to work and coordinate information between diverse areas of the company.
- Flexibility to Travel to wind and solar plants if required (not a obligation).
- English language is an advantage.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!