Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of the role
Mainstream is currently recruiting for a Grid Engineer, who will take responsibility for identifying grid capacity and supporting the process to secure the grid connection for its onshore wind farm and solar projects in Chile.
- Reporting to Grid Manager Chile
- Department Chile
- Job Location Santiago
- Travel Required
Regular travel to Mainstream´s projects within Chile.
Occasional travel to international locations.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Manage CEN requests of information, regarding grid matters, in the operation stage of the projects.
- Control and/or manage the interconnection process with the CEN and the company in charge of it, from the Application of Interconnection Process Start (SIPC) to the Commercial Operation Date (CoD) approval.
- Control and/or manage relevant and non-relevant modifications and new installations.
- Manage technical information with the companies involved in the Interconnection Process.
- Guide both the internal staff and the construction companies with the steps and requirements involved in the interconnection process.
- Lead meetings with contractors to obtain information and progress status of their responsibilities.
- Support the legal area in responding to letters and contractual claims.
- Manage the Declaration in Construction of the projects and control the progress and fulfillment of the schedule.
- Prepare executive presentations and generate periodic reportability with the progress status of the company's projects.
- Manage the requests for Electrical Grid Concession of Mainstream projects, until obtaining the final concession decree.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in engineering with a minimum of 2 years´ experience.
- Knowledge of government policy, legislation, grid code and any other applicable regulation related to connecting renewable generation projects to either the distribution or the transmission grid.
- Experience managing transmission matters of projects in operational stage in front the CEN is preferred but not essential.
- Experience managing the grid connection authorization processes in front the CEN is preferred but not essential.
- Good knowledge about the Electricity Market and Renewable Industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identifying required tasks.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good English proficiency.