- Reporting to: Engineering Development Manager, Chile
- Department:Technical Services
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: If required
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has embarked on the first phase of a 3 year, $2bn construction plan. The company is looking for a GIS Technician for Chile responsible for management of all GIS Mapping for Chile Wind and PV Solar projects.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Assisting the development and engineering staff with GIS data management.
- Maintain GDB according to the standards, processes and corporate formats. Search/Generate GIS information for identification and analysis of potential sites.
- Analysis of data and search for new methodologies to reach the results.
- Generation of maps and layouts according to the needs of the Project manager, Land Manager, Engineer Manager.
- Analysis and generation of products for the engineering area.
- Support and manage the information in the server's GDB and in SharePoint.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- Student in geography, geomatics, cartography, to carry out professional practice in the company, eager to learn and join a multidisciplinary team of a leading company in the market of the Renewable energies.
- GIS Management Software, ArgGIS exclusionary requirement. Knowledge will also be valued in GlobalMapper, QGIS and others.
- Desirable management of the MSO/MSSO Suite. Excel, PPT, SharePoint.
- Desirable management of Autocad Map or Civil.
- Desirable English language management.
- Elaboration of Layout.
- ArcToolBox and geoprocess Management.
- Geodatabase Management.
- Multicriteria analysis.
- Datum and projections.
- TIN, DEM, DTM and field analysis.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."