Summary of Role :
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Intern will be involved to various functions such as green fielding, acquisition, current projects, and research and development in the Asia Pacific. The internship program will run for 4 – 6 months with opportunities to develop technical skills on GIS applications in the renewable energy industry. Daily activities include research, data collection, update and analysis, cartography, and database management.
What you will do?
- Assist in research, collection, digitization, compilation and quality control of datasets for our green fielding activities in the Asia Pacific region
- Assist in creating, updating and managing the geospatial database.
- Perform datum projection and coordinate transformation.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of remotely sensed imageries.
- Update and support ESRI mobile GIS applications.
- Assist in populating and maintaining ArcGIS Online web mapping application.
- Assist in the automation and development of new tools using ModelBuilder and/or Python.
- Create high quality cartographic maps.
- Assist in report writing and presentations.
- Participate in meetings with internal/external parties, if required.
- Participate in site visits and reconnaissance, if necessary.
- Learn new skills as needed to complete tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we require?
- In pursuit of bachelors degree in Geography, Geodetic Engineering, GIS or related technical discipline from an accredited university or college.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express ideas effectively and fluently.
- Proficiency with GIS applications and other software (ESRI Suite including ArcGIS Online, QGIS, Global Mapper, AutoCAD etc.).
- Ability to use the Microsoft Enterprise (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint is essential).
- Good understanding of photogrammetry, surveying, geodesy and remote sensing concepts.
- Passionate about sustainability and clean energy.
- Ability to work a flexible day to suit time zones where we operate.
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation.