Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of Role:
As the Generation Asset Executive, you will oversee the Operation and Maintenance process for a group of wind and solar projects located at diversity of places in the country. The company portfolio includes approximately 1,000 MW that will start operations between 2021 and 2022.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the company portfolio meeting the production target and the O&M Contractors properly performing the annual O&M plan.
What you will do?
- Ensure the Chilean generation assets are operating according to the SHEQ standards adopted by Mainstream and/or our clients, and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, permits and agreements.
- Prepare O&M annual budget and generation forecast.
- Prepare monthly report on generation assets performance.
- Developing an operational strategy to increase the performance of our projects, ensuring quality, efficiency and cost-effective operations.
- Act on behalf of the company before the authorities (CEN, SEC, SMA and others).
- Manage the handover process for new projects, from Construction to Operations.
- Manage O&M Contractor to ensure the assets are being properly operated and maintained according to the company requirements.
- Select portfolio of contractors for preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Prepare and manage list of vendors recommended by manufacturers.
- Ensuring long-term asset integrity of the Chilean projects by implementing an asset management system based on ISO55000.
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Significant autonomy in work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all time.
- Good IT skills, including experience with MS Office suit.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
- Leadership skills and mentoring ability.
- Experience with P&L Management.
- Experience with ISO standards.
Education and Experience Background
- Degree in Engineering (electrical or industrial) with a minimum of 15 years of experience.
- A broad range of management experience and a proven record in generation assets operation and maintenance is essential.
- Minimum experience working within the O&M energy assets of 10 years.
- O&M experience in the renewable or electrical industry would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Chilean regulation related to operating electrical generation assets.
- Knowledge of the Chilean regulation on Health and Safety and Environmental matters.
- Experience on presenting to senior management at board level and be capable of managing internal and external resources with ease.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.