Mainstream Renewable Power is currently looking to hire an FP&A Manager to join the team in Dublin.
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (“FP&A”) will be responsible for leading a team responsible
for the delivery of financial planning, forecasting and analysis across the business. The role will have
overall ownership of the budgeting and forecasting cycles, including reporting and communication to
the leadership team. The role will involve significant liaison across the Mainstream business including
FP&A teams the regional platforms, commercial, development, construction and operational
functions and the corporate finance team. The role will coordinate closely with the Head of Finance
Digitalisation to ensure that the appropriate planning and analytical tools are implemented. The FP&A
Manager will report directly into the Head of Treasury and FP&A.
- Lead the FP&A team, striving to build a world-class function and championing change to processes, people and systems as needed.
- Lead financial planning process across the company, including quarterly, annual, and long-term (10 year) forecasting.
- Strategically manage ongoing financial analysis, including monthly/quarterly budget variance analyses at company-wide and department levels.
- Determine the requirements for financial analysis, delivering a financial analysis strategy that delivers the requirements for the businesss.
- Develop and improve the management reporting and business analysis framework; enhance reporting techniques and tools and collaborate with Technology to innovate and automate reporting processes
- Enhance Mainstreams approach to measuring and reporting on profitability by project and contract
- Constantly look for ways to improve processes and add value to the function.
- Manage, develop and coach team members. Develop strong working relationships with the FP&A & Finance teams in the Platforms.
- Development and production of monthly and ad hoc management reports based on operational reporting model;
- Involved in all new/future reporting requirements into D365 F&O to ensure that reporting becomes live, instant (based on GL postings) and can be accessed by the report recipients at the click of a button;
- Utilising BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
- Review and development of how we report the financials and the story behind the financials to different levels of the organisation – Board, SMT, Employees, outside parties;
- Promoting a culture of openness in terms of numbers, the use of the base data to enable us to tell the story of our success in financial terms; and
- Use new management reporting to further develop links between Finance and PMO, Commercial & Mainstream Renewable Capital (MRC) teams
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Responsible for end to end budget process, from ensuring inputs are appropriate to reviewing and getting buy in from senior management for final submission. Deliver budget presentation to Aker
- Responsible for driving a quarterly reforecast compilation, review with senior management
- Establish relationships across the group to ensure that stakeholder needs are met
- Work with Financial Reporting Team, PMO, Commercial & MRC teams to deliver Budgets
which can be used to assess the business going forward, taking into account the future need
to report on an Operational basis (Development, Construction, Service Contracts and O&M)
- Evaluate previous budgets & expenditure performance to inform the development of future
- Continuously improve the budget process and develop the new budget module (CCH Tagetik)
in accordance with one another - ensure all relevant stakeholders receive training and full
understanding of process and system requirements before next budget cycle. This will include
review of all modelling processes (development, construction and operations) to determine
the most efficient way to update the budget/ reforecasting process.
- Progress all reporting & forecasting to quarterly, ensuring IPO readiness.
You need to demonstrate the following characteristics and skills:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with Big 4 training experience in External Audit
- Minimum of 10 years PQE with minimum 5 years in external industry role
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Strong proficiency in financial planning and budgeting tools
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical
rigor as well as experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- Ability to lead and influence a broad team including those not in direct reporting line
- A dedicated professional, committed to delivering superior service through having an open
disposition and a willingness to listen and learn
- Robust and creative thinking skills.
- Sound independent judgement
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in Accounting or Finance